Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know an quick way to tell the difference in country of origin for underfolder trunnions.I have one that looks like the one pictured on Globals site as Polish...sides and back of sheet metal folded and welded,large pivot hole measures .640. Weaponeer has a group buy for folders(haven't said from where yet) and since they won't all work with all variations I don't need to get the wrong one considering the scarcity of rear trunnions.I have seen them milled from a solid billet but didn't measure it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sniper69 might be able to give you a hand. A while back I think he had a run in with a similar problem. He might be able to help you identify what you have.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I'll have to see if I can find the pictures on my hard drive of the different rivet patterns that I have seen on underfolder trunnions. It is a comparison of the polish to the chinese.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm resonably certain this is not Chinese.Could very well be Romy,might be Polish or Bulgy.The two little detents on the right side big hole are vertical.I haven't seen and am totally ignorant of the stock hardware.I'm just trying not to end up with a stock that will not work with this trunnion.Thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just like that one matter of fact.Looks like the one pictured as Polish on Globals sight that is why I was trying to no avail to find a technical method to differentiate between variations.Does Global have the wrong pic,is FTF selling dinged up Polish as Romy, are they all the same and it is the pivot hardware that causes them to be discriminately functional.Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
812 Posts
pupwag said:
Just like that one matter of fact.Looks like the one pictured as Polish on Globals sight that is why I was trying to no avail to find a technical method to differentiate between variations.Does Global have the wrong pic,is FTF selling dinged up Polish as Romy, are they all the same and it is the pivot hardware that causes them to be discriminately functional.Inquiring minds want to know.
Got mine at FTF too...and was told it was polish. Also looks like the one at Global.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Dirtalert said:
So,It would seem the mystery continues.
in this thread, a picture of the Underfolding trunion from a IO underfolding romainian kit is shown, this one has the notches HORIZONTAL, and there appear to be other differences between this one and the one shown at global, which is listed as polish (and also looks like the one I got from FTF). This makes me suspect that the ones from FTF are in fact polish....

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2160&highlight=underfolder+kit

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good searching Meyerse,This one doesn't look like the Romy in that link for sure.The other milled one I saw had the same rivet pattern.Dirt said it was Russian.Thanks for the illumination.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I purchased the Polish rear block to replace the cut rear trunnion on a Russian kit. At least I think it is Russian according to the proof mark on the front trunnion. I have no reason to believe that the rear block is not Russian. The kit did not come from Joeken. FTF no longer has rear trunnion blocks listed. For some reason I thought they were Romanian. Perhaps, it was an assumption on my part. Thanks for the enlightenment Myerse. At any rate, someone repaired my "Russian rear block" and did a first rate job welding in material where the bottom rivet will go. He is a very talented machinist. Strange but talented none the less. I think with my un-needed rear trunnion I will construct a Polmanian Krinkamakov pistolet. Whadya think? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Dirtalert said:
I purchased the Polish rear block to replace the cut rear trunnion on a Russian kit. At least I think it is Russian according to the proof mark on the front trunnion. I have no reason to believe that the rear block is not Russian. The kit did not come from Joeken. FTF no longer has rear trunnion blocks listed. For some reason I thought they were Romanian. Perhaps, it was an assumption on my part. Thanks for the enlightenment Myerse. At any rate, someone repaired my "Russian rear block" and did a first rate job welding in material where the bottom rivet will go. He is a very talented machinist. Strange but talented none the less. I think with my un-needed rear trunnion I will construct a Polmanian Krinkamakov pistolet. Whadya think? :)

Top one looks just like mine. 4 pieces welded together.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So now all I need to find out is whether or not those Nepalese underfolding stocks on Weaponeer will fit the PolBulgyRus style trunnion.Anybody like goat cheese,I don't need the carry pouch that comes with em.
Dirt you might want to trade that rusty and ratty looking one for this straight and freshly parked one.

·
Registered
832 Posts
pupwag said:
Dirt you might want to trade that rusty and ratty looking one for this straight and freshly parked one.
Deal pup. :thumbup1:

Will none of the staff at Weaponeer tell you what the stocks are supposed to be?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts