Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends just came back from Argentina and they brought my wife an apron....there is only one problem...I do the cooking at home....do I look pretty in pink?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Aviator............do you have shoes to match?????? :smoke:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
It takes a very self secure man to ware pink....lol

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah....pink shoes and a pink AK.....I gotta get me some of that.....

I figure you guys were going to have fun with it....afterall it's Friday Night...

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
So what's for supper? ;) I do the cooking here at my house too. Only apron I have is one with Italian stuff on it. I've only worn it once. :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hey Bro, looks like you have lost a few lbs. Ya been working out??:thumbup1:

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lupeloff said:
Hey Bro, looks like you have lost a few lbs. Ya been working out??:thumbup1:
I wish.....I've been very stressed lately...stress= more food

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
aviator said:
I wish.....I've been very stressed lately...stress= more food
I hope the stress is a lot good business deals and not something negative.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Custer said:
I hope the stress is a lot good business deals and not something negative.
Let me put it this way....I LOST a $7,000,000.00 sale because of a lawyer.

The A..hole would not return my calls to setup a contract for his client who is also my client and the property was sold in the meantime. He lost a client though, the guy is using MY attorney from now on.

That, my friend, would have been a nice piece of change.

BUt I am very busy with other things going on, not as much money, but it will do.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Damn lawyers. Too busy practicing defensive law to get deals done.

A common disease.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Custer said:
Damn lawyers. Too busy practicing defensive law to get deals done.

A common disease.
Yeap....LOL.

The thing is if a client wants to use his attorney I have to allow for that, also in a large commercial deal I feel better if they do anyhow, that way I limit my liability should anything go wrong. Also should a dispute arise claiming the escrowed deposit, attorneys are not subject decisions by the Florida real estate commisson, so I let them hold the deposit in escrow, limiting my liability even more. So.....guess who got blamed for losing the deal?.......the lawyer.

Two days and five calls, he would not call us back. jerk.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
A good business lawyer keeps the deal going forward. On his own. Unless you have one like that based upon prior experience with him, it is up to the client to make sure that is happening or the lawyer should be instantly canned. I have sent my share packing in my day.

Works better with sophisticated parties in business. Usually a disaster in consumer matters or if one party is inexperienced in that kind of transaction.

We recently walked from an acquisition because the seller and his lawyer were not confident enough to make a deal. In other words, they didn't know enough to understand what is good and what is bad in a deal so they just keep haggling over pennies and playing with meaningless contractual terms.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agreed, but my buyer trusted his lawyer (until now), so I had to go along with that. this guy has purchased a lot of property so he is experienced in the business, but the market in Miami is moving too rapidly, when you find a good multi-tenant rental unit, you grab it quick.

I've had deals that lasted over a year because of all lawyers involved (3) wanted to prove to one another who was more knowledgeable about contract law ....The contract was written and re-writen eight times, we closed just in time, one of the sellers died a week after the closing. One of lawyers even sent me a lengthy memo indicating the differences between "Addendum" and "Addenda"....:thankyou: It got to the point I refused to talk to him and let the other two handle the guy......but i got my fat commission check at the end.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Aviator, some times lawyers need a good ass kicking, too.

I never dealt with mul.timillion dollar contract, except for one lawsuit where I was hired to represent a cross defendant in a multiple party deal gone bad. It was a cool lawsuit. One of the parties had bought stock in an overseas company in Bahrain. I introduced into evidence stock certificates written in Arabic on Elephant ears. There was an objection from one of the parties, who argued the jury couldn't read Arabic. The Judge asked me why I wanted to introduce them, and I told him because they were cool and the jurors probably would never get to see anything like them again. The objection was overruled, the elephant ear certificates were admitted into evidence, and the jury had a good time looking at them. I won my side of the case. It was one of the few times I ever represented a Defendant in a civil action.

Sometimes, Judges appreciate the entertainment value of a case. I prosecuted a civil alienation of affections case, and I had a video tape of the Defendant doing the nasty with my client's wife - in the front seat of a Cadillac!! Hell, the two were in their late 50s-early sixties!!! I offered the tape into evidence for the jury to see, and the other side objected. They had already stipulated that the two had sex, so the tape - they argued - was about something not at issue. It was a good objection, but the Judge insisted on seeing the tape in chambers before he made his decision. Afterwards, he liked it so much that he decided the jury would enjoy it, too! So, the tape was allowed into evidence to establish the emotional harm it caused my client when he saw the nasty deed.

Here is a suggestion about minimizing legal involvement.

I suggest that before lawyers get involved, have your customer wirte down his terms and offers. Then you and he/she should agree on terms. Then tell him, you will gladly have an attorney draw up the contract. That may well make most deals fly quickly. I did that routinely in Separation Agreements, which can be rancorous. I would ask my client to get his/her spouse to write down what they wanted and to reach an agreement with written terms. Then, I would draw up a Separation Agreement. It worked every time. One time it worked so well the parties reconciled in my office and remained happily married ever after. Another time, the parties made a date for dinner and movie together after executing their agreement. So, try to head off the matter before lawyers turn it into an exercise of billable hours.

Now, let's talk about the original topic. Do you look "good?" Without answering, let me ask you, please don't send that picture to The Daily Mirror!!!!!! :eek:

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AClay47 said:
Now, let's talk about the original topic. Do you look "good?" Without answering, let me ask you, please don't send that picture to The Daily Mirror!!!!!! :eek:
Typical lawyer answer.....:)

I don't mind having some good humor fun, even if it's at my expense, at least among educated people.

Well, I do represent the buyer, this is one of my neighbors and he's never bought anything from me before, I insisted on drawing the contract myself on his terms and faxing it to his lawyer for approval but he insisted on talking to the jerk first.....

I have clients who don't even bother with an attorney if I'm involved, I may not know much on the way of litigations but i can hold my own on real estate, as a matter of fact a local lawyer offered me a partnership where I would had run the real estate part of the business, but being about 25 miles away from my house I declined. I'm happy where I am.

Stock certificates written in elephant ears.........yeah, would I had been the judge you would have won the case based on originality.......cool stuff. and the other judge....he's just a pervert.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts