Gunco Forums banner

Can you make it to the Spring Gunco shoot?

• Yes, I will be there most likely

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • No, I cannot make it

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Maybe, but I cannot commit yet

Votes: 24 37.5%
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: Gunco shoot April 29th, 30th, and May1st

Here is the update! 1/17/2005

Here are the details of the shoot now that we have the range reserved and we have a lot of people committing to coming now and we hope to have some door prizes as well.

Weekend of April 30th may 1st.

You can show up on Friday the 29th as we plan to be there that Friday afternoon. Camping is right on site for those that want to stay there. I plan on camping there myself. If you live close by or you are coming by car please bring some folding chairs or firewood with you. Bring food for yourself and some extra for everyone to join in. You know, snack stuff and what not.
The guys down there are supposed to have a couple of deer to roast.

We'll have to plan a little simple range match with a win the pot thing.

Here is the location and map info.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...tate=WV&zipcode=

A few people have been asking about location. If you look at Rt 250 between Hundred and Littleton, The Field of Dreams is located directly across from the Browns Run turn off.

Please bring hearing protection and eye protection as well. If we have a lot of people we'll need some range officer volunteers too. We are priviledged here with the use of this range from the local fire department.

Speaking of the local FD we will be asking for donations to pay the range fee which is around $100 and we would like to raise more over that as a donation to them for their generosity.

Here are some pics of the property and I do believe there is a 200 yard range there as well.

Preacher and Cephus have been the driving force behind this and Gunco thanks them whole heartedly for the work they have done!

Here is the original thread as well.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2934&page=9&pp=10

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Never been to West "By God" Virginia before. Maybe, just maybe.;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
i hope cephus feels better and i really would like to make it to the shoot...mayhaps
i got family in sw pa so it could be double trip...time will tell

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
75_stingray said:
Never been to West "By God" Virginia before. Maybe, just maybe.;)
Can you say ROADTRIP!! Just thinking if there are many that are coming from the "same neck of the woods" it'd probably help to carpool or convoy. Still not sure if I could swing it, just thinking---

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds like fun, Id love to go. Try to get a date soon so I can try and see if it will have any conflicts with my schedule.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do we have a date set Preacher? Is it going to be the 7th of May or the 30th of April?

I can make either of those dates and I sure would like it if it could be instead of the rest of May since I got so much going on.

BTW: I know there are some others that will be going for sure, let's get your votes in on this, so we can get the details hammered down.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
May 7 is probably out because they are having a Gun bash the 8th and will probably be setting up that day. Other than that, I think every thing else is open.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hmmm I've got family all over the Virginia's.......never been there though, I am about as far away as one can get and still be in the Continental states.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well, I'm pretty close by but the wife and I are not sure were we will be residing by then. If we find ourselves still in WV by then I will most likely be there. Sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Preacher said:
May 7 is probably out because they are having a Gun bash the 8th and will probably be setting up that day. Other than that, I think every thing else is open.
The weekend of April 30th?

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
That far out, I'm sure I could get vacation time planned OK. Don't think that would be a problem. In fact I could probably get my bro to fly out and he and I could come out together. Would be fun! He would definitely need extra lead time. Mid-May could even be better IMO.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts