Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how everyone else prepares the receiver before painting. My first build I painted the receiver first then put the kit together. On my last few I built them first then painted but was curious if you painted behind the front and rear trunions before the final assembly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I paint my receiver first, well after fitting, and drilling, then assemble.. I cover up the rivet heads with cold blueing.. Works for me..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I assemble the entire rifle, make sure everything works as it should. Then I paint it. By painting it I mean that I tape off everything except the receiver. Spray it with GunKote bake it. I don't paint everything.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I build from flats so once I have the flat finish machined and properly toleranced I parkerize and paint it and then press in the barrel and rivet in the rear trunion and center support. I touch up the rivet heads with the same paint that I used to finish the receiver. I do not have an oven large enough to cured entire barreled assemblies so I try to match the receiver to the front end when I paint it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I knew I would get the right responses quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts