Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of times while I surf these forums, I've got the radio tuned to AM Conservative talk radio in the background. Here's my review:

The BEST:

Rush Limbaugh

The King. The one that started it all. A tongue-in-cheek egomaniac, but the others would not exist without him.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

G. Gordon Liddy

"Two to the head and one to the groin" is how Liddy says you should greet the ATF when they come for your guns. Sometimes he just reads the news, but for a mainstream radio show he has a lot of firearms related discussions. He's no longer on the air in this area, so I don't know if his show is still on the air or not.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Michael Reagan

Just being the former President's son is enough of a recommendation in these parts. He's more informative and less bombastic than Limbaugh; you get a lot of info you never heard anywhere else from this radio show.

:thumbup1:

America on Watch

Hosted by the guy that wrote Red Cell . I can't remember his name because his show is on Saturday afternoon and I rarely catch it. He and his cohost tackle subjects that others won't, though, like Ranch Rescue. For those of you lucky enough to catch the so-called "right-wing militia" shows on short-wave radio in the mid-1990's, this may be the closest thing in the modern world.

:cool:

Sean Hannity

I rarely catch him because he's on while I'm at work, but always a good show, with as much in the way of good stuff as Limbaugh on a lot of occasions.

Michael Savage

A loudmouth who tells it like it is. He grates on my nerves, but at least he has the cojones to say what's on his mind and not sugarcoat it.

Honorable mention: Coast-to-Coast AM with George Noory or Art Bell

Okay, I know it's a fringe show dealing mostly with everything from UFO's to ghosts, but I really find that stuff interesting even if I don't believe a lot of it. For those of you who miss the X-Files. (Looked at my avatar lately?)

I DON'T LIKE:

Roy Masters

I remember his show from years ago teaching people how to meditate. He talks a conservative talk, but he's teaching borderline cult doctrine in some ways, as far as I'm concerned.

Bill O'Reilly

A conservative if you live in Kalifornia and believe that an SKS is an assault weapon. He tries to paint himself a middle-of-the-roader, but you can feel him straining to sound "objective".

Jerry Doyle

He played Michael Garibaldi on the sci-fi series Babylon 5. I really miss that show (better than Star Trek at times), so I'm sorry I can't give him a good review.

Another Kalifornia Konservative.

Barry Farber

Boring old man who drones on and on about things with analogies and something about foreign languages and shut the f*ck up already! (Glad he's on our side, though).

BOTTOM FEEDERS--on shortwave in the 1990's

Radio Free America

Not much more than an ad for the tabloid "The Spotlight." I'm ashamed that I was once bored enough to actually listen to this--twice. If it's still on, can we call the FCC now?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
How about Glenn Beck? I also like Neal Boortz. My problem with Limbaugh is that he panders to the wealthy and often trys to preach the conservative dogma without a dose of reality ie how the average Joe lives. Further, he is a hypocrit. If anyone else was caught with his hand in the cookie jar or should I say medicine cabinet he would call for them to be tarred and feathered. I wonder whether he would be defending their rights regarding medical records the way he is defending his own. Its time for him to move on. He is nothing but a junkie, that let a lot of his followers down.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scubadvr said:
How about Glenn Beck? I also like Neal Boortz. My problem with Limbaugh is that he panders to the wealthy and often trys to preach the conservative dogma without a dose of reality ie how the average Joe lives. Further, he is a hypocrit. If anyone else was caught with his hand in the cookie jar or should I say medicine cabinet he would call for them to be tarred and feathered. I wonder whether he would be defending their rights regarding medical records the way he is defending his own. Its time for him to move on. He is nothing but a junkie, that let a lot of his followers down.
Never heard of Beck or Boortz.

I agree with all of what you said about Rush; his star IS fading and will probably shine no brighter than Paul Harvey's by the time he's dead. I give him "King" status because he literally opened the door wide open for everyone else.

It's like, even if you HATE Elvis Presley, you have to admit the influence he had...

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Beck is hilarious! He's out of San Diego which blows me away when you hear him talk.

Rush used to be one of my favs, but since the drug thing he's turned me off a little. He still delivers the analysis of thre stories the left keep on page 5 though.

Hannity is probably my favorite. I like his because of his background being similar to mine from construction to white collar. He is someone who had to do it on his own without help.

I had to leave home at 18 and my parents have never loaned me money since I was 17 in any sizeable amount. It was very tough and I had to sleep on some couches and in cars for a while. Usually I can not find anyone in my peer group who can say the same. Anyone that pulls themself up and makes things better goes really far in my book.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I used to listen a lot to it but it tends to get me upset to listen about the leftist stuff they are talking about.

I enjoy a couple of local guys...Bill Cunningham and Mike McConnell. Once in awhile they are syndicated.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I used to love Rush,but now I think he is a pompus ass, It did really bother me when he would say that drug users should be sent to England, then it turns out he is a pill head......That to me said I'm rich I can do what I want, your poor fuck you and get out.......I don't do drugs, that just bothered me..

Plus he is just way too full of himself, I really can't take that anymore..

Sean Hannity is the bomb..That man could be the saviour of mankind...

Michael Savage speaks the truth and carries a big damned stick, he should be Hannity's Vice President....

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like Michael Savage the best. He is the man.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I listen to Glenn Beck, Rush, and Sean Hannity. I have 24/7 internet access at my desk so I can listen online while at work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts