Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I have decided to get rid of a lot of stuff. Last night we started doing Ebay auctions together. At first she wanted to take all kinds of tricky angle camera shots and elaborate setups. After taking 45 mins on the first 2 items she started to see the light :D This morning we started doing write ups on items and it was the same thing. She's typing in paragraph after paragraph explaining things that you can obviouly see in the picture. Reality struck again though and we started to shorten things up.

I never want to do this again with her! I managed to be nice and gently explain to her that 1000 words per item was not needed.

Oh well, Hopefully we'll make a little Xmas money. :)
 

·
Friend of MCMXI
Joined
·
8,717 Posts
Yeah I know what you guys mean. I can explain stuff in five seconds that takes my wife five minutes. But she's a great gal and I love her anyhow!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preacher said:
Yeah I know what you guys mean. I can explain stuff in five seconds that takes my wife five minutes. But she's a great gal and I love her anyhow!

True for me as well. I've been selling stuff online for 5 years. My wife has never sold anything online. She's still a good one though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Ohh I agree....

I was getting caught up on my dvd colletion of all my favorite movies...
Seemed every week a new couple movies would come in...
Enemy at the gates, We were soldiers, and Old school were the week before last new batch of dvds...Bragged to my mailman as I opened them to show off my new cheap ebay finds...

Then the wife gets on their to do a little dvd shopping...I didnt know she bought a couple...

So im standing in front of my mailman last friday, he hands me two new movies..
I open them to show off telling him about my GREAT taste in movies...

I open Joy Luck Club and the Horse whisperer....I was rather suprised...
And my mailman proceeded to laugh at me....:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
AZ99 said:
Ohh I agree....

I was getting caught up on my dvd colletion of all my favorite movies...
Seemed every week a new couple movies would come in...
Enemy at the gates, We were soldiers, and Old school were the week before last new batch of dvds...Bragged to my mailman as I opened them to show off my new cheap ebay finds...

Then the wife gets on their to do a little dvd shopping...I didnt know she bought a couple...

So im standing in front of my mailman last friday, he hands me two new movies..
I open them to show off telling him about my GREAT taste in movies...

I open Joy Luck Club and the Horse whisperer....I was rather suprised...
And my mailman proceeded to laugh at me....:eek:
LMAO!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Helping your wife sell on ebay is not really helping... you do all of the work and she checks to see how much money "SHE" gets from it. Not to mention the fact that on my feedback it shows all of the stuff she's been buying and selling. Now that we are in the new house she has her own account :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
I have noticed if you explain as little as possible about your item it will sell quicker. I have sold many things on ebay. 2 pics and 1 sentence is all I ever put down for a description.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mbadboyz said:
I have noticed if you explain as little as possible about your item it will sell quicker. I have sold many things on ebay. 2 pics and 1 sentence is all I ever put down for a description.
That's pretty much how I do it. You never want to look desperate or pushy no matter how you are selling. Whenever I sell a car I try hard to keep my mouth shut as to not let on unless asked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
968 Posts
LOL! I guess us women do have a way of explaining things, huh? :D I've been told that I tend to 'over explain' things at times but I think I get that from my Mom. She'll be telling me a long dragged out story, then after 15 minutes she'll say "To make a long story short". Too late Mom! :D

As long as your stuff sells, don't worry about it. If you're having trouble selling stuff because it's over worded, maybe you can show her descriptions of some other items and how they word it. She may just attract women buyers! ;) :D
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top