Gunco Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Sam and I were going to go shooting today at Bullseye Ranges but last night the simi truck came with hay. We put up over 300 bales. Anyway, my wife was really hurting (I thought I was going to have to take her to the hospital) so I could not go (Sam is pretty cool). Anyway, I started a E.German build a little while ago and finished it today. Let me tell you, if you are going to build an AK and have access to an E.German, go for it. The quality is second to none. Unlike the Romanian with the tight button release for the folder, the German has a lever that is so easy to operate. This may become my favorite AK. Jack

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
An E. German AK is at the top of my wish list , right up there with a Tantal. Is yours 7.62 or 5.45?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7.62, I wish it was a 5.45. Really, I would love the NATO round, above all. Anyway, my E.German is fantastic! But I am with you too on the Tantal. I have a nice Polish stock and foregrips I bought from DrugRunr (Charles). He really sells good stuff. We need to pressure some of the companies like Centerfire. I am sure they would sell. Jack

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
scubadvr said:
7.62, I wish it was a 5.45. Really, I would love the NATO round, above all. Anyway, my E.German is fantastic! But I am with you too on the Tantal. I have a nice Polish stock and foregrips I bought from DrugRunr (Charles). He really sells good stuff. We need to pressure some of the companies like Centerfire. I am sure they would sell. Jack
Can you post some pics? I would love to see it!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
hey jack..bring that one with ya on saturday..well go shoot it after the show..

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My charge card is getting itchy..it wants to buy something..haha

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I can't see the targets when my head is in a bag.haha. and one thing that i do have..lots and lots of ammo..i've been loading for the last week every chance i get...the ole 650 really pumps them out..I am meeting Jack at his house at 8:30 AM Saturday..so we should be there by 9:30 or 10..depends on how fast Jack moves in the mornings.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Scubadvr,
Do you have any arsenal marks on the front trunion,I have a kit I think is e. germ
but I would like to know for sure..P.S I posted some pics of mine in a thread here somewhere.
Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Woohoo....I'd love to see your E. German. One is on my wish list. I did a poor man's build using an I/O kit and their fixed E. German furniture. Only the novices are impressed.

I have one question that would determine me driving 250 miles or so.....can you guys legally shoot at cans at the range???

·
Registered
582 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Very nice Jack! Looks good the way it is from what I can tell.

What he said!!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It still needs to be finished. I stripped the foregrip down and mixed some stain to match the color (the top is dark brown plastic). I am going to use a dark grey bake on finish from John Norell Arms. I put a U.S. made compensator, Tapco piston, and G2 fire control group to help keep it legal. I think I have the right parts count including the receiver. Jack

·
Registered
16 Posts
scubadvr said:
My buddy Sam and I were going to go shooting today at Bullseye Ranges but last night the simi truck came with hay. We put up over 300 bales. Anyway, my wife was really hurting (I thought I was going to have to take her to the hospital) so I could not go (Sam is pretty cool). Anyway, I started a E.German build a little while ago and finished it today. Let me tell you, if you are going to build an AK and have access to an E.German, go for it. The quality is second to none. Unlike the Romanian with the tight button release for the folder, the German has a lever that is so easy to operate. This may become my favorite AK. Jack
I also shoot at Bullseye, although we have been outdoors for most of the summer at Dormont/Mt. Lebanon. Too bad the AIS is down for the long count. Perhaps I will see you there. We are always in rifle room (lanes 6-10). Just picked up a P-64 from AIM via Austin for the transfer. Place was dead at 11:30 on a Saturday morning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts