Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An 83-year-old woman has died hours after a burglary at her Essex home.
Police said a man forced his way into Florence Goodman's home in Rayleigh Road in Benfleet and stole cash from her handbag on Saturday evening.

She died overnight and a postmortem examination was to take place on Monday to establish the cause of her death.

Essex Police say they want to hear from people who saw anyone entering Ms Goodman's house or acting suspiciously in the area.

In July last year, Thelma Avis - a 90-year-old woman from Colchester - died shortly after a bogus caller stole more than ?1,000 from her after tricking his way into her home.
BBC World News

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Is there any word on the movement of allowing people to arm themselves in the UK again? I read something a few months ago that some of the politicians were calling for ending the ban on guns.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
762X54R said:
Is there any word on the movement of allowing people to arm themselves in the UK again? I read something a few months ago that some of the politicians were calling for ending the ban on guns.
I doubt that will ever happen, I don't think I know of a time in the last century that a British civilian could have used a gun in self defense. I'd like to see it happen, when I told my Mother last night I was getting my CCW she said" on no, there will shootings in the streets" then it dawned on me that these anti gun people have no idea what they are talking about.
I explained to my Mum about the the stats and the fact there is a drop in the crime rate, but it was like deja-vu.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
762X54R said:
Your Mum still lives over there, right? Does she live in an area tha has seen these break-ins and beatings of the elderly tha we hear about?
She lives in Cambridge which is an old college town, I don't like it myself but she doesn't have to worry too much, she owns one of these, the current one is her second,

English Bull Terrier

My Brother has had a few push bikes stolen outside shops and such and there is a bit of a problem with drugs there which is quite open.
Bu tpretty much everyone around that area knows she owns one of these and is a pretty big deterrant abit like the two Rotts me and my Wife have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts