Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a bunch of stuff from SARCO and most of it ,,,, WELL I am not happy with. first off they did not send the scabard with the bayonet. next I got a fire pin tool, and the two tits broke off like nouthing. yes I had the screw out of the bolt but the tits seemed like they had been over hardened and they just snapped off with allmost no pressure. NOW for their new made sling, here is ware I hope someone can help. the sling has a brass "c" at each end. the enfield has two elongated rings. I see no way to attach the strap. I thought I could take the "C" out of the strap end and then put the enfield ring through it BUT the enfield ring is way to thick to fit. Anyone know how this is supposed to attach??
it looks nice but seems compleatly wrong for the gun.
so to summ up my SARCO order Missing stuff, wrong stuff, and poorly made junk. wont I ever learn. I think I used the word SUCKO in the past too with my last order.
I guess I will make another better fire pin tool on the lathe. but I still need your help with this sling. thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm not sure I can explain it to be fully understood, but here it goes.

Each end of the sling should go through the rifles sling points(rings). Just work the brass ends with the "c" through the ring, double the sling back on itself and then work the sling into the "c" to form the closed loop. Do the same thing at both ends.
Hope this helps.

I hate to do it but here is a link to what it should look like.
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/showphoto.php?photo=32047&sort=1&cat=all&page=4

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH YES it is now very clear to me..... thanks very much for the link

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Man, that's why I was after you to make those firing pin wrenches.....the commercial one are CRAP, as you have discovered. Real Armorers wrenches are like hens teeth and cost accordingly when found.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I have to agree it was a piece of crap. the ends just poped off like nouthing. I think it was hardened and way too much by the look of the grain. I am going to make a new better tool on my lathe. I will post how it works when it is done. all It will be is a pin removal tool. if it works good I will try to get one to you . just remind me when I post about mine,,,, if it works HAHAH

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Must I have this?
_____________________________________________________​

I began disassembling my Enfield's bolt tonight - only to discover a special tool (Firing Pin/Bolt Disassmbly Tool). The guys at surplusrifle.com suggested getting one from:

It is part #281780, and costs $10.70 (plus shipping and handling). I found the part at - http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=281780&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

I really would rather not wait. Can the bolt be safely disassembled without the tool?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks to me like you can pill the pin back and use some long nose vice grips, BUT that will scar it up some.
if the tool is the same one I got from sarco, it will snap the tits off like nouthing. it it not strong AT ALL

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'll try to pick one up this weekend at the Gun Show, if I can't borrow one from a buddy nearby.

I will begin soaking the bolt in Liquid Wrench, so it will unscrew more easily - maybe that will keep the tool from breaking?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Clay, those tools are junk, and well known junk among Enfield types. Once the retaining screw is removed, it really shouldn't be that stiff. Not a bad idea to soak it though, as there may be some gunk down there.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hotbarrel said:
well I have to agree it was a piece of crap. the ends just poped off like nouthing. I think it was hardened and way too much by the look of the grain. I am going to make a new better tool on my lathe. I will post how it works when it is done. all It will be is a pin removal tool. if it works good I will try to get one to you . just remind me when I post about mine,,,, if it works HAHAH
OK, you are on man!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
cammobunker said:
Clay, those tools are junk, and well known junk among Enfield types. Once the retaining screw is removed, it really shouldn't be that stiff. Not a bad idea to soak it though, as there may be some gunk down there.
Thanks, I soaked the bolt overnight with Liquid Wrench. At the bottom of the cup is some nasty black stuff, so it probably needs a good cleaning.

BUT - if I don't have a tool, how do I disassemble the bolt?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I modified a percussion muzzel loader nipple wrench with a dremel....worked great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts