Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thank you for the kind comments. Here's pictures of my other C&R's. They don't build'em like this anymore!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Speaking of Enfields, does anyone need a 1943 Lithgow that is in need of some TLC? It seems as if it was used as a police gun in some middle east country(?) and has a large yellow band of paint on the stock.
$150.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
gtbehary said:
Speaking of Enfields, does anyone need a 1943 Lithgow that is in need of some TLC? It seems as if it was used as a police gun in some middle east country(?) and has a large yellow band of paint on the stock.
$150.00 plus shipping.
The yellow band is a cadet or training designation. It means the rifle was downgraded at somepoint from service to a non-frontline duty. That's not terrible, but for whatever reasons which may have even been fixed, the rifle was removed from service. The red stripe of "DP" or drill purpose only, is the mark of a gun you may not want to shoot. A cadet rifle will probably still be in fine function as a shooter.

Just an FYI.

·
Registered
825 Posts
swingset said:
The yellow band is a cadet or training designation. It means the rifle was downgraded at somepoint from service to a non-frontline duty. That's not terrible, but for whatever reasons which may have even been fixed, the rifle was removed from service. The red stripe of "DP" or drill purpose only, is the mark of a gun you may not want to shoot. A cadet rifle will probably still be in fine function as a shooter.

Just an FYI.
Thank You !!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I may have to get me one of those rifles. :cool:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
bigblock said:
I may have to get me one of those rifles. :cool:
I agee, guys what was your sourse, what would you expect to pay for one today, etc. After seeing George's Thompson. You guys are really becoming my road to ruin. Jack

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thought I'd add some more, recent acquisitions....

'42 Longbranch

'49 Fazakerly

'18 Eddystone M1917 (not an Enfield, but close!)

'43 Savage

·
Registered
47 Posts
You say Enfields do you .............

I have a soft spot for them also ........ Some No4T's - L39A1 - Fulton No4 conversion 7.62mm - Savage South African marked No4 - 2 No5 Jungle carbines - Set of P14's - Set of M1917 ( still call them enfields ) and so on

1 - 20 of 24 Posts