Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a fire pin tool for my enfield tonight. my pin was so tight I had to put vise-grip on the tool. the good news it the tool took it without any trouble. I cleaned everything up and used the tool again to put the bolt back togeather. the reason I made a tool is because I paid $8 pluss shipping for a tool and it broke off without any effort at all. it NEVER would have took the vise-grip. it was a serious POS. I have to wonder wyh anyone would even sell crap like that.
Now I seem to recoll telling someone I would give them a tool when I made my first one.... so if you would post in or PM me with your address I will get one on the way to you ASAP. and thanks for the suggestion to make it myself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Hotbarrel, I have not had the need to remove the fireing pin from any of my Enfields as of yet, however if you are making some pin tools, I would be happy to buy one from you or at least pay postage. Thanks, GG

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hotbarrel, Tell us who you bought that POS from so others don?t get screwed buying the same tool.
If someone want?s to make their own tool, I posted a drawing elsewhere on gunco.net of the one I own.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Money sent hotbarrel!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the pos from sarco. they were nice enough about it ,, but no I do not want or need a replacement. I guess I will have ot chock it up to experiance..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Guess that means that you are not going to make any pin tools for the C&R guys here?? If you don't want to, or have a problem with me, in keeping with the spirit of the site here I don't think a reply would be asking too much. I'll make my own if need be, but don't really want to reinvent the wheel unless necessary. GG

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Gordon, try PM'ing hotbarrel about getting a pin tool, he may not be watching this thread.
I'm pretty sure he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sorry guys ,, I have been overwhelmed!!! with work and trying to make pistons. Yes I will be happy to make you pin tools. G/G I thought I pm ed you but I guess not. again I have been totaly out strate, and now I have a cold too. I have a full time job, I am a firefighter, and try to make as many pistons as fast and as well as I can , along with tryint to keep a wife a ns family happy too. I do my best for everyone! Please assume the best or PM me directly. I have not had time to read thready as compleatly as I used to. I will send fire pin tools for $11 delivered, and they come with my usual no hard feelings bucks back garentee.
again I do my best for the members at gunco, but I am not a business I am just a guy trying to HELP other members with some parts and tools they need. like the rest of us my time is prety full. I will try to do better in the future...puff puff sigh

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the support cammobunker,
Aclay your pin tool should be in your hand prety soon now.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Got my tool yesterday! Will use it tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
:thumbup1: Hotbarrel makes a great Enfield firing pin tool. I easily disassembled my bolt. Thanks, my friend. It was a bargain!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am glad you like it!! allways happy to help a GUNCO member.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry to come across like a crybaby there. I'll pm you and get your address and then send money. There is no rush so whenever you get to it is fine. Thanks, GG

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GG
your pin tool is made and in a package, it should get in the mail tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Got it! Nice work Hotbarrel. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks, GG

·
Angry White Man
3,381 Posts
I got one of Sarco's bolt tools last year and it too broke the first time using it. I re-ground it back to shape to get the job done, but it's still a POS. Avoid them. They're not worth a dollar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts