Gunco Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good sources for FAL kits? I missed the boat on these when they were everywhere and I sort of got the feeling they would be around a long time then they dried up real quick after I/O deal.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
762X54R said:
Any good sources for FAL kits? I missed the boat on these when they were everywhere and I sort of got the feeling they would be around a long time then they dried up real quick after I/O deal.
Double G Gunsmithing has kits for $165. Don't know many details about them but here is a link to what was posted about them click on fal kits

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
scubadvr said:
Hey Sniper, what are your toughts on DSArms and Gunthings? Jack
DSarms is a good company to deal with, some things are pricey, in my opinion but every company has some pricey things - lol. Gunthings is a good company too.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a rumor on another board that pointed back to Falfiles in the end.

30,000 Fal kits were coming to a dealer here from Australia this spring. The thread went on to say that the BATF no longer allows builders like Century or whoever to build them and sell them as complete rifles. That led to speculation that the kits might be priced pretty good since it will be the home builder market who gets them.

Just a rumoer though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boy's,

I had several problems with old Double G and would NOT RECOMMEND him under any circumstances. I ended up receiving the majority of the large parts, but all the small ones were either not sent or slipped throught the rather large hole in the side of the box. My blood pressure is soaring again.
Refer to the posts on falfiles for additional details.

Anyway:

I just buy kits when I see them for sale.:)

You should see the STG58 Court in FL just built for me.... BEAUTY!! Great builder and supplier of Uppers.

Randy @ Sledgehammer Arms hooked a buddy of mine up with a pristine condition STG58.

They are out there. Just need to shop and jump fast.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Guys, I put a bid in for a Imbel parts kit on Ebay, please check it out an let me know what you think? I need your advise on this as I am flying blind and don't know a freaking thing about them. Jack

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
can you post or email me the item number? I did a search on ebay and a few kits came up..

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
For the price, how about this one? $169 versus the $231 on ebay. Granted th eone on ebay says excellent barrel where the one at gunthings says fair bore (good rifling but some pitting). The one on ebay would need the receiver stub removed from the barrel. Not to hard of a job, but potential is there for messing the threads on the barrel up (depending on method of receiver stub removal). I figured the savings of $62 could go towards compliance parts, mags, or ammo. Maybe I am out of the loop, and that is the going price for such a kit (wish I still had the two with numbers matching excellent bores that I sold last year for less than $160 each!!) Another thought is a new barrel goes for around $100 from DSA and that might be incentive to get the one on ebay. The hamster is working overtime in my brain on this one, lol. And this is just my opinion of course.
This is the one from http://www.gunthings.com/

here is the one on ebay.

The 5 in 1 tool that is with the ebay kit is $9.99 at tapco. Or a nice mega tool kit for the FAL is 39.99

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
For FAL kits, I gotta say Gunthings.com My fair bore kit is actually pretty damn nice. They have 4 bore grade kits available now, and prices are WAY better than eBay or Gunbroker. I just ordered a second kit this afternoon. I decided to go with one of the "good" bore kits this time.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Does your fair bore have pitting in it? Would it be worth it to spend the extra 20 bucks and upgrade? What's the price for a new barrel? Maybe it would be smarter to buy the fair bore from gunthings.com and take a chance. If it sucks, then perhaps it could be replaced for cheap?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts