Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's mine:

1. Blondie's Greatest Video Hits

Not videos, per se, this was in the era before music videos. They are mostly videotaped clips from TV shows and some are quite grainy and a couple are a little blurry. I'm hooked. Debbie Harry looked GOOOOOOOOOOOD in the '70's and '80's. I WANT MORE.

I wish it could be 1981 again.

2. Alison Krauss and Union Station LIVE

What?! I'm a rock and roller! I HATE country! I can't like bluegrass! Am I nuts? Have I gone off the deep end? I grew up on Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, the Ramones, Blondie, the Beatles, Rush, INXS, and many others.

What is my problem? Why is this DVD one of my favorites right now? Why did I go out and buy an Alison Krauss CD after I bought this?

Don't buy this DVD: you will be hooked! You will want to stay home from your job and watch it!

3. Broken Arrow (the one with John Travolta)

Okay, it's a run-of-the-mill bad-guys-steal-nuclear-weapons movie, but it rocks from start to finish.

4. Blackhawk Down

Somebody please count the number of AK's in this movie and report back to us!

5. Ronin

The best spy movie I've ever seen. I've never been a spy, but the realism of this movie puts James Bond to shame!

6. Terminator 3

The best one of the series, and it rocks from start to finish.

7. Red Dawn

It seems a little unrealistic now that those kids could have survived all that time by themselves (before the Air Force pilot shows up). This movie inspired the militia movement all by itself (laugh out loud).

8. Smokey and the Bandit

Not exactly "funny" as comedies go, but a fun movie nevertheless.

9. Uncommon Valor

The 1980's had half a dozen movies about guys going back to Vietnam to rescue POW's years after the war. Even Rambo got in on the act. But this one was the first (I think) and definitely the best and most realistic. Those middle-aged guys train HARD before showtime!

10. The War of the Worlds

This is the 1950's one with Gene Barry. Those snake-necked Martian war machines STILL frighten more than most modern movie alien spaceships. I never get tired of seeing those death rays disintegrate everything in their path. This is probably the ONE weapon I'd rather have than an AK!

There's my list, what's yours? :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
The first half of Full Metal Jacket, Three Kings, Postman, and Sergant York.

·
Registered
844 Posts
ZOID ZODIAN said:
5. Ronin

The best spy movie I've ever seen. I've never been a spy, but the realism of this movie puts James Bond to shame!
Ronin does rock - especially that bridge scene where DeNeiro fires his 1911. I think the portrayal of the 1911 in the movie was great!

Some of my favs are:

Pulp Fiction
Last of the Mohicans

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
:scared: oh, geeeezzz.... yes... I forgot LOTR...

Incredible... somewhat far-fetched, but grabs you and holds you from the first scene right thruough... and the special effects... AWESOME!!!:rockin:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Faves to watch over and over?

Last of the Mohicans (modern version). Haunting visuals and music, awesome hand to hand fighting.

Band of Brothers. Need I comment? :D

Pulp Fiction, or any Tarrantino movie for that matter. The dude just makes damn entertaining flicks.

As Good As It Gets. Just hearing Nicholson tell the couple in the diner "I think people who speak in metaphors should wash my balls" makes it worth every second.

Spaceballs. "She went from suck to blow!" Classic.

Memphis Belle. Love seeing B17's roaring through the sky.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
swingset said:
Last of the Mohicans (modern version). Haunting visuals and music, awesome hand to hand fighting.
Sigh...I forgot about this one. I even convinced a couple of people who don't go to movies to see this one at the theater.

·
Registered
109 Posts
"Pulp Fiction" is one of my favorites. With all the 'hoopla' surrounding it's release I didn't think I'd care for it but after seeing it I was thrilled. It was the first time I'd been entertained by Hollywood in years. I watched it again this past weekend while a few folks visited for chili. My true weakness so far as movies go are Godzilla flicks...

If you have to ask why...don't! :bolt:

Other than the Japanese classics, the 1991 version of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (also Japanese) is my latest favorite. :flmthrwr:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Evil_Walks said:
"Pulp Fiction" is one of my favorites. With all the 'hoopla' surrounding it's release I didn't think I'd care for it but after seeing it I was thrilled. It was the first time I'd been entertained by Hollywood in years. I watched it again this past weekend while a few folks visited for chili. My true weakness so far as movies go are Godzilla flicks...

If you have to ask why...don't! :bolt:

Other than the Japanese classics, the 1991 version of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (also Japanese) is my latest favorite. :flmthrwr:
What is Peter Jacksons next film, Godzilla or King Kong? I cannot remember which...

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Don't forget:

El Dorado

True Grit

Fist Full of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Gettysburg

PT 109

Flying Tigers