Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the 1911 series the best and it's the only one I own. I had a Mak a long time ago and I think I'm going to get another. Had a few other types, but I always come back to the 1911.

What do you all like?

·
Registered
844 Posts
762X54R said:
I like the 1911 series the best and it's the only one I own. I had a Mak a long time ago and I think I'm going to get another. Had a few other types, but I always come back to the 1911.

What do you all like?
I'd have to second that about the 1911. I've used quite a few and have enjoyed many, but I'm always resorting to my 1911. My attachment to 1911s has a lot to do with the fact that it was the first gun I ever built at home and know more about it than most of my friends...

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was the first pistol I ever owned also. It was bought used from a friend and it was the first I moded. I really want to build one like you did and so does my Dad. You posted that same build post a long time ago over there and it really sparked me.

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
1911 in any frame size or caliber, but .45ACP is my knockdown dragout favorite. I have 3 right now, but am considering another. As soon as April 8 rolls around (effective date under passage of HB12 in Ohio) and my CCW paperwork is taken care of, I'll be carrying my C6.45 LDA.

I have a Bulgarian Mak also. It's a fun gun to shoot, and the price was impossible to pass up. $150 for unfired pistol, 6 mags, holster, and cleaning kit. That was 4 years ago, but they're still close to that price. They usually don't come with as many magazines now, but still a good deal.

Other pistols... I like the Colt 1903 in .32 The sights absolutely blow, but they're accurate. The ads from the early 1900's tout it as a snag-free pocket pistol for a gentleman's personal protection. There isn't a sharp edge or corner anywhere, so they weren't kidding.

One of dad's buddies has a .454 Casull and .480 Ruger. You need to shoot both of those guns at least once in your life. They are MONSTERS!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Rhino_66 said:
Other pistols... I like the Colt 1903 in .32 The sights absolutely blow, but they're accurate. The ads from the early 1900's tout it as a snag-free pocket pistol for a gentleman's personal protection. There isn't a sharp edge or corner anywhere, so they weren't kidding.
I gotta agree about the 1903 .32. I didn't know about that pistol until a friend of mine inherited it from his father, who purchased it more than 50 years ago and only fired about 2 mags of rounds with it. It was never used after that. My friend had no idea on the value of it, and I offered him $70. He didn't even think twice and I ended up with a really cool and fun classic to play with at the range. That thing has almost no recoil (compared to my 1911) but you do need the eyes of an eagle to work them sights.

Co7t

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
my favorite changes from time to time and with what I am useing it for. rite now my favorite is my 1895 nagant. I love the fact that the cylinder moves forward to seal the gas pressure. what a great idea over 100 years ago. not overly powerfull but good fun.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
admin said:
Am I the only Tupperware lover here?
I'm begining to like the Glocks more and more. I shot one not too long ago and I was impressed. 11 years ago I had shot some and there was something odd about them I couldn't get used to.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a fairly diverse collection of pistols and my favorite shooter is my Sig P220. I have only one 1911, it is a stainless Colt Officer's model, and it is a joy to shoot. I do really enjoy my Glocks too, but if I could only keep one it would be the P220.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I've always been partial to my Beretta 92FS, but I am starting to like the Glock 17, too.

I don't have a 1911, but it is on my list to acquire. I suspect it would be my favorite.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sigs.....

I have a P226 and plan(hopefully) to have a P239 this week, I've shot other handguns but there's just something about the Sigs :rockin:

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
I've always wanted a 1911, and someday I will have one. I love my Russian makarov (10 round commercial model), and have carried it as a concealed carry weapon. I just sold my S&W 4516, it was a nice gun, but funny thing was the guy I bought it from, bought it back from me, lol. Although I don't own one, I loved shooting the HK P7M13 (something about the squeeze cocker, lol). for 9mm my browning HP is near and dear to me. I would love to have more handguns though.

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
I've had Glocks( loved em ), 1911's, a sig, Maks x2, but my current love is the taurus PT92 very sweet shooter.

Handguns are just..................ya know............handy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a Berreta 92 F - Not Bad, I also have a Glock 17C - Not a big fan...But the one and only big daddy: Colt Anaconda 44 mag w/6" Brl. Now thats a pistol.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My vote for favorite shooter is my ruger mark II , my ccw is a Glock 19, and the best looking one I have is a 70 series Colt 1911.

·
Registered
233 Posts
:) I have to say that my favorite handgun is my Glock 22. Altho, I am trying hard to like my HK USPc .45.

**cool** my 1st post here. :cool:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm a big fan of the 1911 myself, Para P-14 and a Thompson Auto Ordnance. But for sheer knockdown power, I gotta put it out there for my Ruger Bisley V, in 45 LC. I roll my own Hornady XTP's with a little too much H110 and let me tell you, it roars. I'm also fairly confident it will take down anything on the continant with the Cor-Bon cast loads.

And then theres my MKII slabside target.... :rockin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
My first was a Ruger p-90, nice but when I could afford more I let it go. It was surprisingly accurate and reliable as a hammer. After my first 1911 I was hooked, there is no other auto in my eyes. I even tried a HK usp.45, I just couldn't like it.

I am a Ruger revolver fan too. I own a 4" SS gp-100 and the first group I shot with it at 25yds could be covered by a baseball. A sp-101 will be my carry weapon in the near future.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts