Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the AK, of course, the best tin-can gun ever invented.

Mine would be the Ruger 10/22.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redchevyman said:
My favorite plinker is a winchester model 63 made in 1942
What kind of ammo does it take? I thought they took .22 Winchester Auto, nearly impossible to find now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
What kind of ammo does it take? I thought they took .22 Winchester Auto, nearly impossible to find now.
.22 LR
BTW Ruger Mark I Target 678
10 22 Bull barrel, 18"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
WC846 said:
Ruger mark II..
I have one, and I love it.
I also have a Remington 522 viper. it shoots well, but stovepipes every other round right out of the box. makes a good canoe paddle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
sks_hunter said:
I have one, and I love it.
I also have a Remington 522 viper. it shoots well, but stovepipes every other round right out of the box. makes a good canoe paddle.
Thats pretty much my experience with that rifle as well, spoiled me on remingtons newer rimfire rifles.
My favorite plinker is a toss up between a remington 552 speedmaster or my romanian training rifle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, now that's a very pretty toy you've got there, DorGunR! Curious: From the Bakelite mag I presume that's a 5.45. Is 5.45 "correct" for a Krink; I'd thought they were 7.62 ?
 

·
Gunco Irregular
Joined
·
4,323 Posts
The original Krinks were in 5.45. I believe they were too hard to control in 7.62.
 

·
Visiting MOD
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Oh, now that's a very pretty toy you've got there, DorGunR! Curious: From the Bakelite mag I presume that's a 5.45. Is 5.45 "correct" for a Krink; I'd thought they were 7.62 ?
And it is DrugRunR..... Not DorGunR

DorGunR is a copy cat.
I had my name first and he then did his.


Yes it is 5.45
The orange mag is all I had handy at the time of the pic.
Yes it is SBR.
Yep, still waiting on paperwork
Yep, gun is at my SOT's waiting for me.
 

·
Gunco Irregular
Joined
·
4,323 Posts
I forgot to say that is a real beauty!!! I bet the waiting is painful, just like a kid on Christmas eve.
 

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
Joined
·
850 Posts
For rifle plinking it is probably an AK, and specifically my .223 Saiga conversion.

For handgunning, it's a tossup between a Makarov and my S&W M41 .22 semiauto.

Noah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Ruger mark II Gov. Target, and by the way DrugRunR how can that be your fav. plinker if you r waiting on SBR clearence? I have a feeling you just wanted to show it off. BTW nutin wrong with that.
 

·
Master Endmill Breaker
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
My favorite plinker is a Geco bolt-action .22 rifle. The rifle has been in my family since the early 40's. I think it's a 1919, but it's been awhile since I've actually had a chance to shoot it.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top