Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/font][/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dr Hook[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Couple More Years [/font]​

Well, I screwed that up!!:eek:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
My favorite song - Manhattan Spiritual, by Reg Owen. :thumbup1:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Man, thats a hard one! I'm reluctant to etch anything into stone because my favorite anything changes with time. Have to pick btween Pink Floyds "One of these days" and "Time"

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
"Gentle on my mind" by John Hartford.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I like a lot of songs.........but Blues and C&W the best, I guess (strange mix huh?) ....since I have a lot more years behind me than I do ahead of me there's one song that I seem to like a lot.........

"Yesterday when I was young".......by Roy Clark

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hard to pick.......lots of good stuff

right now though...Train-Train...by Blackfoot. killer harmonica

·
Registered
206 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Burning ring of fire by the man in black.
My favorite group of all time, Blondie, did a version of this song on the "Roadie" soundtrack. Not a bad version, but of course it doesn't touch Johnny Cash's. It's on the remastered release of Blondie's Eat to the Beat album as one of the "bonus" songs.

But not to hijack this thread, I have to say my favorite song is "Don't Change" by INXS.

I first heard this song in 1982. The local radio station would play it frequently but would never announce who the group was. I went for years thinking it was "A Flock of Seagulls" or some other New Wave band. As luck would have it, the station would always play the song when I was too busy to call them or on the road away from a phone, etc., so that I could ask them who it was.

Finally, in the spring of 1999, that same radio station played the song again for one of the last times (they've since retired all but heavy metal songs from that era). On this particular day, the DJ announced who the artist and song title were. I didn't have time to go to the record store right away because of work, an upcoming gun show, etc., and it took some research to find what album it's on.

Finally, I found it. It's on Shabooh Shoobah , but not the Greatest Hits. Later, when Rhino records acquired the rights, they put the song on the Best of INXS .

So from 1982 to 1999, I didn't know the title or artist of my favorite song. How's that for a long wait?

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
To the funny farm with trees and flowers and chirping birds.
I haven't heard that song since I was about 8 years old.
Geez, that makes me older than you are.

I think they took it off the radio 'cause it was considered an insult to commited patients or something. As if they really cared.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
DorGunR said:
I like a lot of songs.........but Blues and C&W the best, I guess (strange mix huh?) ....since I have a lot more years behind me than I do ahead of me there's one song that I seem to like a lot.........

"Yesterday when I was young".......by Roy Clark
Good choices if you add a touch of R&B!

More than once I was the only paleface at a Ray Charles concert.
Never missed a one within 150 miles of me.

"Yesterday" by roy Clark is great. Liked since I was a kid in my 40's.

But as far as more years behind us ... Nope ... aint gonna go ... too much left to do ..... just barely getting up to speed.

I'm going to save your post and remind you of it 70-80 years from now and we'll both have a good chuckle.

Have a Healthy Happy New Year, you and yours!

Remember 2005 is gonna be better than 2004 'cause it's more!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
LMAO..........5KNIVES
Ray Charles was the greatest, I don't think he ever did a song that I didn't like. Along about 1962 he did an album titled "Ray Charles sings country", I love this album but don't have it now.........gotta see if I can find it on CD.
Also I gotta try and find a CD that was done sometime late '50s or early '60s by Jimmy Smith titled "Midnight Special".
I really like old R&B, blues & country........I guess growing up in Memphis & New Orleans had something to do with that.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts