Gunco Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say thanks to yosuthnmasa for helping me out this weekend.

My friend at work had to leave by ambulance on thurday because of severe pains in his neck and back. He later found out he had 3 herniated disks between his shoulder blades and is going to need another surgery. We had been working on a side job for our boss and needed to finish it by saturday and desperatly needed help. I called josh and he was able to help us out. For those of you wondering what kind of job it was......laying ceramic tile. We had a great time and was able to check out the 1919 kit josh had on hand. By the way josh......thanks for sharing the full moon!! LMAO!!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
That's what it's all about. Glad you're out of your jam. Keep us updated on your co-worker.

Yosuthnmasa, You deserve a pat on the back.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I've tried my hand at tiling once---I commend you!! Yeah I've found there's a lot of nice and caring ppl on this board--who'da thunk it :dunno: a gun board with some of the nicest ppl--seriously though, before I was invited to join I never knew about this stuff--I've only handled a gun a few times. I figured I'd hang out and learn something. Now I've actually gone to a gunshop and looked at buying one :) haven't bought anything--just window shopping for now.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Tile is no problem if you cheat, use the little plastic spacers. Saves a lot of time and a lot of hair(keeps you from pulling it out).

Taz, Thank You, it's nice to know that someone thinks we're not all crazy. We are, but that's beside the point. Gotta ask though, Whatcha got your eye on?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Preacher said:
Taz, Thank You, it's nice to know that someone thinks we're not all crazy. We are, but that's beside the point. Gotta ask though, Whatcha got your eye on?
Just something small to keep around the house--the guy at the gunshop had me looking at Bersa Thunder 9mm and a Bersa .308--can't remember if both of them were Thunders or not :dunno: I don't wanna buy too big--but I'd love to try some of the ones I've seen posted here--

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Alot of gun ranges have rental guns. Go to a few and see what they have available to try out. You may just find your one true love there ;)

Everyone wll have their own opinion on what you should buy, the decision is yours though. It has to feel good to you and if it feels good just do it, you'll know when :D

Eons ago, back when dinosaurs still ruled the earth there was a snub nosed stainless steel Ruger Security Six .357 magnum with custom rosewood grips on it for sale in a gun store at a mall in town. That gun felt sooooooo good in my hand. We were a perfect match. It filled my hand perfectly, so much so that all I had to do was raise my arm and the sights were perfectly aligned to whatever I was aiming at. Everytime I was at the mall I had to stop by to visit that gun. I was saving my pennies to buy it and it sold just before I had the cash together. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Here it is eons later and I still think about that gun. I should have put it on lay-away, I should have put it on lay-away, I should have put it on lay-away, I should have put it on lay-away....I'll never find a gun like it again and believe me I've tried....

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
A little while back I bought myself a 9mm HiPower and the wife a 380 PPK clone. She likes the 9 better and I got the 380. Guess I'll have to get another HiPower.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cephus said:
WAs it a pale moon or could you see the craters,LMAO Way to go JOSH now that's a
BRO for ya, and thta's what friendship is all about if I could I'd tell the world about this group of guys.It just makes me proud to be part of all this.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS!!!
Come to think of it cephus, it was kind of pale. LMAO....He was bending over to lay a tile and I asked him if he did any plumbing, his reply was a little. I said...looks like your plumbing now the way your crack is showing. And he pulled his pants down to a full moon for about 10 minutes. Was just funny as crap at the time. I am glad to have met him through gunco and look forward to him maybe helping us a little more for the extra cash. I wish I could meet everyone here, great bunch of guys I tell ya.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
mbadboyz said:
Come to think of it cephus, it was kind of pale. LMAO....He was bending over to lay a tile and I asked him if he did any plumbing, his reply was a little. I said...looks like your plumbing now the way your crack is showing. And he pulled his pants down to a full moon for about 10 minutes. Was just funny as crap at the time. I am glad to have met him through gunco and look forward to him maybe helping us a little more for the extra cash. I wish I could meet everyone here, great bunch of guys I tell ya.
Plumbers crack,
feaux pax? or
fashion statement?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts