Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my pistol. It's a wanna be krink based on a AMD 65 kit with the krink gas block and flash hider.
Why build one? To celebrate the end of the AWB.............. oh wait, thats my reason for building all my other AKs. Ummmm ok, needed toget rid of all my spare parts fro the other builds. Yeah, thats it! :wink:
:handgun:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Very nice!!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks good and you can always say its for home defense because of its size.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oldgunner said:
Looks good and you can always say its for home defense because of its size.
Thanks guys. :)
Don't think the neighbors would like 7.62 size holes in the wall. :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
AMD's can be made into anything! I hate that tapco is not selling them anymore.
Very nice pistol, and nice finish.

·
Registered
625 Posts
chuck1 said:
Thanks guys. :)
Don't think the neighbors would like 7.62 size holes in the wall. :eek: :D
Saying home defense is just for those government types to hear. We know it?s really just for fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
looks great. those flash hiders are neato.
how much of the barrel did u cut off using the krink gasblock? i built one using the regular 1 piece gb/fs, and cut about a 1/2 inch off. is it a stock -65 piston?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
leper said:
looks great. those flash hiders are neato.
how much of the barrel did u cut off using the krink gasblock? i built one using the regular 1 piece gb/fs, and cut about a 1/2 inch off. is it a stock -65 piston?
Thanks
Appx. 2 inches of barrel were removed with the krink gas block. There is barely enough room to get the handguard retainer off.
The piston is about 1 inch shorter than the 65 piston.

·
Registered
72 Posts
if i go for a krink look like that with a stock amd piston would it be easier to
1) install the gb/fs assy and move the gas port back, or
2) weld the fs to the existing gb? (seen that somewhere here)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maxim.semyonov said:
if i go for a krink look like that with a stock amd piston would it be easier to
1) install the gb/fs assy and move the gas port back, or
2) weld the fs to the existing gb? (seen that somewhere here)
The easiest way would be to cut and weld a front sight onto the gas block but from the pics I have seen they all appear to end up taller than the orginal front sight. Not sure how much of a problem that actually is. You will also be lacking the 24mm threads on the end for any of the krink muzzle attachments if that is something you want to add.
I would suggest the other style front sight/gas block kvar sells if you want a krink like combo (ak 104 style?) since a standard gas tube fits right on it and the krink one is smallerand required either shimming or modifying the gas tube on some other way to make it work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is awesome. I would love to have something like that for my first build. How hard was it compared to building a full stocked AKM?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks BUD. It wasn't any harder to build than a standard AK other than the barrel mods. Really need a lathe and sturdy drill press or mill to do it right. Most people are going with a standard AMD 65 barrel with no mods. I did have to make the rear pistol trunnion which is a modified AMD 65 one. If you can get a pre madeone then that solves that problem.

HCPOOKIE, the sledge hammer sounds about right. lol It can be done but unless you are built like the terminator it isn't comfortable wth one hand. I haven't actually shot it yet but I plan on using the sling on it to help and use both hands. The sling will be pulled tight and help brace it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hcpookie said:
Question - how easy is it to weild with one hand? Is it doable, or is it more like trying to hold out a sledge hammer?
at the bottom of the pistol grip should be an attachment that could rest under the forearm of the shooting hand and provide the counter balance needed to weild something that front-heavy, (like a half stock)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
leper said:
chuck1, what size hole did you use for the gas port? have you shot it yet?
thanks
I used a standard size gas port which is 3.5mm if I remember right.
I haven't shot it yet. Won't have any time off to do so till thanksgiving weekend. Will find out how it works then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts