Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a bunch of questions:

1. centerfire amd's,
do they come with center supports and shepherd hooks? do i need to fabricate them?
2. acearms
i seem to have a delivery problem, does/ did anyone else?
3. screw builds
i recall reading about rivets having a certain shape to them IOT prevent movement between receiver and trunion, it was on k-var and it sounded and looked (pics) good. now, when working with typical screws which are flat on the underside (the critical spot) do i let it slide or should i worry?
is lock-tite enough, or do i also use filler (liquid metal) to create a tighter fit and eliminate this movement?
4. it's going to be a pistol and i like the original muzzle device, so
-receiver
-trigger
-disconnector
-sear
-saw pistol grip,
what are my available options for the last compliance part? (foregrip?)

appreciate your help, time, and encouragements.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Kits don't usually come with a center support.

It's a pistol, no compliance parts needed.

Use locktite, it;s teh best for that.

On the screw builds, I have found they won't slip aroun if you make you holes samll enough. You'll also see ehn you do drill out the holes that they will be slightly off and that helps keeping it tight as well.

You can always purchase center support, rails, and rivets in a kit ready to be installed. Or, you can make a center support from appropriate rod stock.

I'm sure others will be good at answering your questions as well.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
1) None of the parts kits include the center support.

2) Ace seems to run a little hot and cold on shipping times, ask if they have them in stock when you order.

3) I'm not crazy about screw builds for various reasons.

4) Pistol build does not require any compliance parts, only rifles

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys rule!!
what about the shepherd hook, i thought the fcg won't work w/o it? can't say i,ve seen them advertised, are they hard to make/get?:notworthy

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
You have a couple of options on the Shepard's hook.

You can cut down the original auto sear spring if one came with with your kit (some include it, others don't)

You can buy one from Tapco for $3

You can buy a redstar style retainer from buffer technologies etc. for @$12

You can make one using Rhino66's plans, located in the library.

·
Registered
681 Posts
7.62x39 said:
You have a couple of options on the Shepard's hook.

You can cut down the original auto sear spring if one came with with your kit (some include it, others don't)

You can buy one from Tapco for $3

You can buy a redstar style retainer from buffer technologies etc. for @$12

You can make one using Rhino66's plans, located in the library.
or you can go to the hardware store and get some "E" clips, and not have to fumble around with that damn shepard's crook.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Do the e-clips. They work the same as the shepards crook.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, with no screwing around. 7/32 is the size to get. they are about .05-,06 at my ACE hardware. I too had a problem with ACE ARMS on my last order. After over a month I just asked for and got a rebate. Total elapsed time-about 2 months and a bunch of e-mails. After that I bought a DPH jig and am now rolling my own. A piece of heaven!!!!!Takes about 10 minutes with a Tapco flat.
For a center support I use a 5/16 bolt cut to proper length, drill & tap for 10/32 and turn down the heads in a drill press

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
:thumbup1:
Glad it's working out for you.

Scott

I've got the center supports on my site if you dont want to make them.

erikk said:
Yes, with no screwing around. 7/32 is the size to get. they are about .05-,06 at my ACE hardware. I too had a problem with ACE ARMS on my last order. After over a month I just asked for and got a rebate. Total elapsed time-about 2 months and a bunch of e-mails. After that I bought a DPH jig and am now rolling my own. A piece of heaven!!!!!Takes about 10 minutes with a Tapco flat.
For a center support I use a 5/16 bolt cut to proper length, drill & tap for 10/32 and turn down the heads in a drill press

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You WILL have to change one thing, NO FORWARD PISTOL GRIP. You'll have to put a standard wood or plastic forend or one of the Galil style or something similar, otherwise ATF classes it as an "any other weapon" and it needs registering similar to a short barrelled rifle.
I've got a nice E.German wood forend for mine already salted away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts