Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a field day on a friend's ranch where we basically shot up the country side with assorted weapons (safely of course.) One of the guys broke out a 1943 dated 91/30 and let me fire it. First time for me and I like it! Can't wait for my C&R to come in now :) They are not as ungainly as they appear and this one was very accurate. One question...do all the stripper clips for this type suck?
I had a heck of a time getting them to work and ended up loading individual rounds.
I see a rack of old Russian bolt guns in my future now.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I don't like the strippers for Nagants either, but I bet if you wear them in and grease them it might be better.

Welcome to the Nagant club!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I?ve only seen modern stripper clips for the Nagant and man they do suck. I?d like to see what the Russians used and if they?re any better than today?s crap. Good thing I never filed for the C&R FFL or I?d have a whole closet full of Nagants, I have four and had them out tonight just to handle them, I?m still surprised how good the trigger pull and let-off on these guns are. I do need better ammo than the old Mil-Surp I?ve got, those bolts are damn hard to open after the shot.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I quit using the stripper clips. I can load them by hand just as fast. Frankly, most of the time I load one at a time. You have to manhandle that bolt most of the time anyway so rapid fire is not really an option.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Polish the contacting edges on your bolts if that is happening. Mine and my Dad's were binding. We also noticed that different ammo will do different things.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Oh, it opens and closes fine. It is just that those rifles are robust and were made for ham fisted peasants. Not meant to be gentle IMHO.

Compare the bolt action to my Mausers or K-31's and it is a different design universe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts