Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aviator, are you still with us?

This just a brief story that was mentioned down at the bottom of the page. Haven't heard any more.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/203385-9424-010.html

Deltona, Fla. -- A sinkhole opened beneath a road in central Florida on Saturday, swallowing four lanes of pavement and forcing the evacuation of 20 homes.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I'm still heeereeee

That is a common occurance in the middle of the state, but I've never seen them that large. There are a lot of underground natural tunnels and once in a while one caves in, not nice if you live near one. Down here we are just 5 feet above sea level and everything is sand, we are basically floating all the time, that's why everyone has a boat on their front yard, I guess.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reminds me of guys ice fishing on the lake nearby while sitting in a boat out on the ice. Looks pretty funny!:lol:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
aviator said:
I'm still heeereeee

That is a common occurance in the middle of the state, but I've never seen them that large. There are a lot of underground natural tunnels and once in a while one caves in, not nice if you live near one. Down here we are just 5 feet above sea level and everything is sand, we are basically floating all the time, that's why everyone has a boat on their front yard, I guess.
I bet you sell a bunch of them to snowbirds?

·
6,361 Posts
Don't forget the "middle of the state" for us is about 5 hours away, so I don't really work that area...otherwise...maybe...no, not really.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Aviator...........better tie a 2X4 across your a$$..........we don't wanna loose ya. :biggrin:

·
6,361 Posts
DorGunR said:
Aviator...........better tie a 2X4 across your a$$..........we don't wanna loose ya. :biggrin:
There ain't a hole big enough to swallow me, don't worry. And I displace so much water my a$$ floats all the time, so I'm covered.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts