Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good free picture hosting service I can use and direct link to the pics when posting here?

I used villagephotos.com in a previous post but they don't allow direct linking to embed a pic in a thread.

I'd use g##snet, but I kinda figure that would be in bad form.

Thanks,
Lynch

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
You can upload attachments here, but I'm not sure how many mbs it allows you.

When you start a new post go down below the text box and click on manage attachments button.

Does you ISP give you webspace? I have100 mb free from my ISP and that is more than enough for posting pics. It used to be 10mb and that worked fine too.

Lynch said:
Anyone know of a good free picture hosting service I can use and direct link to the pics when posting here?

I used villagephotos.com in a previous post but they don't allow direct linking to embed a pic in a thread.

Thanks,
Lynch

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lynch said:

Thanks,
Lynch

Hunt101.com
freepicturehosting.com

·
Registered
954 Posts
Lynch said:

Thanks,
Lynch
I posted the same question on akfiles a few days ago. I too thought it was not a good idea to post pics hosted by other message boards. Anyhow, I was shown this.

http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html

Actually, I would not care to pay a little for the hosting. I'd rather do that than put up with annoying banners, etc.

Sangrun had a good idea too. I would do this myself but I may be moving soon and would rather just have on place on the net that can move with me. Sorta like my yahoo email address.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope... can't direct link to an attachement.

Thanks for the other leads though.

Hey!!! Cool... scrath that... they appear in the thread.

NICE!!!

Lynch

Attachments

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
That leads me to a question.

When someone posts a picture on a forum gallery, does the forum somehow have some sort of copyright to that picture?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Cousin Stinky said:
This place works great. It takes about 5 minutes to open an account.

http://photobucket.com/
I setup an account with these guys. My only complaint is they will only accept pics less than 250K. The good part is that they will resize it for you if its too big, saves a little work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts