Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gunco irregular
3,510 Posts
Interesting video. Seems like he was willing to go the extra mile to keep some rifles working where as he was not on others. That might be what was edited out of the 1.5hr video he mentions, but maybe not. Anyone have one of these rifles fail in a similar way where they couldn't get it going?

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I think if he had done the GI trick of peeing on them (just pour some hot water on every rifle to simulate it) before shooting would have most of them working. Here are a few more videos of freezing tests just for comparison:

·
aka: SDK1968
7,815 Posts
ive seen these vids...

some guns are just too tight for the ice/cold.

BUT in my little Ohio area? ive never had a gun freeze up on me. If they wanna fight over the polar zones? eh they can have em.

Reactions: moleman and Tommo

·
gunco irregular
3,510 Posts
MI here, but I hunt in MI, WI, IL, MO, and PA . Only can remember one gun freezing up and not working in 43 years of hunting. Remington 1100 deer hunting in IL. Rained in the morning and then turned cold and snowed. That afternoon a doe trotted down the deer trail I was sitting just off of. Saw it coming from about 90yds out and wasn't able to take the gun off of safe. Deer ended up trotting about 5' away from me and kept going down the trail. Stuck my bare hands on the receiver near the safety for a while to warm up the metal and was able to put it on fire, where it stayed until the end of the day.

Tommo, if your hands are getting cold get a hand warmer tube and stick a couple hand warmers in there. My hands used to get really cold and I kept them toasty in one of those tubes. The past 10 years or so I've been fine with a thin set of gloves, but the key is to not hold your gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts