Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested please respond. Right now I have all the tools to do a rivit build on all AK's. I know that I can get WinnR, and Yosuthnmasa to join us. Im trying to find out how many members would be interested so I can plan this sometime around March.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sounds great. But, thousands of miles away. Me and a couple shooting buddies have a build party planned for Portland, Oregon, with our Bulgarian AK-74 kits. I'm bringing the meat for the BBQ that day.

We thinking of having some custom engraving done, as we're members of the infamous Dump Gang.

Still trying to figure out what kind of finish I want on my white receiver. Will probably parkerize.

Looking forward to range report day from both you Georgia builders, and us. Post pics please. :)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We can call it the Great AK Build-Off!

Northwest vs. Southeast

Pictures will be posted!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sounds good to me. We need to decide on a good day for all of us. Today, actually would have been a good day for me. Have you spoken with Winn R yet? I haven't seen him around in a while, but yhat would be a privilege to build one with him. He is a very innovative guy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Where at in georgia? I'm not sure that I could make it, But I'll check into it. It kind of sounds cool.
-Shadow-......Charleston S.C

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason I say in March sometime is because I will be all moved in by then. We are looking at a place right now. It will be in Kennesaw, not far from where I am now josh. It will be more like a move in party, cookout, build party. And the weather will be warmer then. Ill keep you all posted, and will discuss the dates with yosuthnmasa. Everyone that can make it is invited. I will call WinnR and let him know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would be interested and March would work for me. I am right near Marietta.

mbadboyz said:
If anyone is interested please respond. Right now I have all the tools to do a rivit build on all AK's. I know that I can get WinnR, and Yosuthnmasa to join us. Im trying to find out how many members would be interested so I can plan this sometime around March.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds great! The more the merrier. I am definetly having this BP, so start stocking up on spare parts and such. I will have flats here for sale at $12.99 each, and if anything else is needed for that day maybe we should talk before then to order what we need. If you can think of anything PM me to discuss.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Count me in boys. Enough lead time and a little good fortune and I may be able to talk George the Wonder Welder in. He's amazing with liquid metal.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You talking about behary? You the man if you can get him here! I own his flat bending jig! Alright winnR....I am counting you in. It wont be for another couple months. I want to have plenty of kits here at the house and I want to stock up on flats.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
No-- different George.

Behary's shop is something to behold though. Lathes, Milling Machines--just have to kick the mule out!!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yosuthnmasa said:
Whats the verdict on this build?
Josh,

Its looking good so far. I am in the process of moving in the next few weeks but that gives us some time to stock up on kits and such. I think between you and I we have all the tools to build and maybe some doubles of such tools. It should be a lot of fun. I will keep you all posted as to when I get all moved in.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
magnus392 said:
Drink a Beer for me boys!!! Hell I plan on taking vacation around that time...I might be able to talk Jose into something as foolish as a road trip!!! :)
That would be great if you guys could make a road trip here. Let us know!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK! YAY! We found a house in the same school district for the kids. We will be moving next week and the house has a brand new double bay garage that is un-attached from the house. I will be moving in next week so keep an eye out for the dates when we can start our build! I am going to stock up on tapco flats and rails for us and I will try and have some already bent for you all that are coming. I will also have a romanian akms, bulgarian 74 for ya'll to help me with. I just ordered 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 today. There is an outdoor range about 30 miles from me go to but I am also talking with my boss to see if we can go up to his hunting club to do some shooting that saturday or sunday. The cost will be free and he might want to join us and have some fun.
Like I said before, between yosuthnmasa and I, we have all the tools for building and maybe some extras so 2 or 3 of us can be working on the same parts at the same time. If anyone else is interested please let me know. I will be offering free food and a place to stay if your traveling from out of town.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts