Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can't fight it any longer, soon as I can get one I'll be married to an oxygen concentrator.........until death us do part.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I got up this morning and breathing is real work. I called the Doc and told him that inhaling is very painful. He wants me to go on that contraption soon as possible. He is consulting with another Doc about the pain.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
aviator said:
Not a very pretty bride, but better than the alternative.
Yeah Lupe..........what Aviator said.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Well, that sucks. Do you yet know how much of a pain in the neck it is to use? Will reliance on it impair your ability to be up and around?

...Although I do know a woman who seems to be married to a vibrator.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
Well, that sucks. Do you yet know how much of a pain in the neck it is to use? Will reliance on it impair your ability to be up and around?

...Although I do know a woman who seems to be married to a vibrator.
Yep, I know all about them. When my Wife's breast cancer got into her lungs we had one that was provided by her doctor. No biggy I'll deal with it just like any other problem.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Like your attitude, Lupe, but...

Will it leave you house-bound?

Your home-repair bills are going to go through the roof if you can't go outside to go shooting.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
Like your attitude, Lupe, but...

Will it leave you house-bound?

Your home-repair bills are going to go through the roof if you can't go outside to go shooting.
The worst part for me is leaving the fire dept. I may have to invent a super duper bullet trap.:) :)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Lupe, if it helps you to breath!
As a child I had Ashma and can remember having to be put into an oxygen tent. You know that comercial, "Like a fish with no water"
Gotta do whatcha gotta do eh Lupe? You'll do fine!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Lupe, still don't know if you're house bound, my guess is not entirely but more than you'd like.

I'm generally house-bound during the harsher periods of winter, but even then do a lot of shooting: I've got an Outers' bullet trap for .22's and a few good-quality air pistols. Most air pistols recoil forward, not backwards, so they aren't all that great as training weapons - But a notable exception is the Webley Tempest, and Cabela's sells them at a great price, about $150.

Necco Wafers, BTW, make a great airgun target. Sorta like a miniature clay pigeon.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Even if you have to be on O2 24/7, they make small portalble tanks that you can wear on a packback. Don't let this get you down Buddy.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Roy,

Hopefully, you won't be wed to it. I have a friend who nearly died from apnea about 5 weeks ago. When his wife got him to the hospital his blood had only about 25% oxygen content. Now, its above 90%, but he still uses his oxygen concentrator periodically. I visited him today, and he used it several times while we were talking and listening to Rickey Smiley. He spent most of last Saturday without it when we went to a Gun Show, so it's probably more of an aid.

I'm glad you're getting one, because I know it will make breathing easier. I've had breathing problems from allergies, and I know how uneasy it is when you can't seem to catch your breath. Your situation is more serious, so use the machine and do whatever you can do reduce other things which can make breathing difficult, such as dust, pollen, animal dander, etc. I have to keep my filters clean/chcnaged andf carpets vacuumed, or it's gasping time.

I have my fingers crossed and, of course, have you in my prayers!

Clay D

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
You'll do OK Lupe. I can tell right now you are taking it better than I or most others here would. Take care my friend. :thumbup1:

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I just hope it helps you feel better!! And if you could just use it when you need it like AClay said that would be great.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Not really on the same scale, but I am on a CPAP.
I found I adapted much easier than I anticipated

Point is, you have to do, what you have to do.
I hope it doesn't impact your lifestyle any more than necessary.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Both my folks had one. My Dad cause of his emphemisia(sp) and so he was on one at home and on 02 bottles everywhere he went. My Mom was put on one for night use.

They really help with the 02 in the blood.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts