Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I never tried them due to the oversize wall issue. I do not want to grind my trunions to be honest. If you do not mind that I would say they are fine. one very good aspect they have is all the differant options they offer if you are willing to pay. everything from a flat to a barreled reciever. not bad

·
Registered
50 Posts
Global does not make a 1mm receiver as of yet--they only make a 1.6mm receiver. I'm not aware of them carrying anyone else's receiver either.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I heard the 1.00mm version may be out after Thanksgiving. They are suppose to have the "chicken feet" as well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
hotbarrel said:
I never tried them due to the oversize wall issue. I do not want to grind my trunions to be honest. If you do not mind that I would say they are fine. one very good aspect they have is all the differant options they offer if you are willing to pay. everything from a flat to a barreled reciever. not bad

They have the correct thickness receivers see this web site.

http://www.globaltrades.com/ak_receivers.html

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Has anyone used one of their 1.6mm receivers for a Yugo M92 Krink yet?

I heard how the rear trunion is narrower then a standard underfold and thought maybe this receiver would help with that gap.

·
Margaritaville Native
1,180 Posts
just ordered 2-1.0mm receivers.....I was told 5 to 6 weeks to ship because they are swamped with orders.......

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good luck on 5-6 weeks, 5+ months on a custom 5.45 reciever and the answer is always the same 2 more weeks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You might try ORF. That's where I got my 5.45 Global receiver after waiting for over 2 months and no receiver from GT. The ones at ORF are standard 1.0mm and not parkerized. But it was the nicest GT receiver I have used so far. Very little hand fitting and deburring to do at all.

·
Margaritaville Native
1,180 Posts
Sorry I'm new....ORF? (web site?)...I have some patience so I guess I'll wait 5-6 weeks...but after that...well I can be a pretty nasty letter writer to everyone who will listen....I only chose them because it was a recommendation from a AK builder in Ft. Meyers, FL he claims they heat treat the entire receiver properly....I got to trust some one some time...
While I'm on a roll anyone have a recommendation for a inexpensive receiver jig that is easy to use....I plan to try this after I see what is available in pre-bent....I'm new to this so be gentle....thanks to you all this board is really informative....

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
buy an oow receiver, they are very good, I did all my builds on them and they look and function perfectly. there is an ffl in boynton beach that has ak receivers in stock. he is a great guy to deal with. if you are interested pm me and I will give you his email

·
Margaritaville Native
1,180 Posts
nevermind........

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
chargedmr2 said:
Global does not make a 1mm receiver as of yet--they only make a 1.6mm receiver. I'm not aware of them carrying anyone else's receiver either.

I orderd a 1mm reciever from the, They make 1mm and 1.6mm versions. I ordered on October 28th and my receiver will make it it out this or next week to my FFL.

·
Margaritaville Native
1,180 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I orderd a 1mm reciever from the, They make 1mm and 1.6mm versions. I ordered on October 28th and my receiver will make it it out this or next week to my FFL.
3 months!!!!!.....I ordered 2 - 1mm from them last Friday and they told me 45 days turn around...I guess I'll be patient and wait & wait & wait..:) .....I have contacted a local FFL who may have a couple recievers in stock so I can start putting some of my projects together sooner....

·
Registered
618 Posts
shadow29483 said:
Opinions anyone??
I?ve been to ARMORY USA & GLOBAL TRADES CO., 7311 Galveston Road - Suite 260, Houston, Texas 77034.

There just up the road from my home, I purchased a rivet set with bushing there. While I was there I asked to look at the (TYPE 2 - 1.0 mm Receiver, all holes, rails, and magazine well* machined to your specified caliber, center support tube installed. *You specify caliber: 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 $69.99) and was told they aren?t in stock, they have a 5 to 6 week backlog. That was at least one full month ago.

I plan to purchase a trigger group from them and possibly one of there peep sights with windage adjustment 1000 meter one day.

·
Registered
514 Posts
For reference - the average wait time on a 1mm type 2 GT receiver is still running at 2 months plus. The "plus" can be applied to any receiver with special features. That's compiled data from many buyers... not a gripe: remember, it takes a while to get a Lexus too :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts