Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that I am putting together a miss matched set I think it is prudent to get a set of gauges. Probably should have gotten them sooner but I figured that with a matched numbered set I was ok-WRONG after reading some of the posts
While I am looking for them does anyone know the difference in .000 between the three? My last 65 will close on 3 pieces of masking tape (015) so I know I am probably in trouble with this one.
Also, any place other than Brownells ($30.00 ea) to get a set of 7.62x39 ? :thankyou:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Dave Manson, Manson Precision Reamers sells the 7.62X39 gauges for $26.00 each. Phone # is 810.953.0732

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered a set and they are on the way. Pulled the pin just for the hell of it and got it so it won't close on .008 but I will wait for the gauges before I replace the pin & check all the others. Really is a pain to try to adjust a few .000 but beats the hell out of a blown receiver :thankyou: :
:headspin: :headspin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
errik,
Let me know how you like your gauges. I used some clymer this weekend and they are reported to be very fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes and Midway will give you a discount for a C&R if you have one. Brownells also gives discounts for a C&R but they are very picky about what and which brand. For example you can get a discount of Forster headspace gauges but not Clymer or Manson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts