Gunco Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
4th, often up late as I now have a 6 PM to 6 AM job. I could be wrong, but the way I read the regulation is that it affects only paper traders, and targets those who play the commodities markets. Not physical metal purchases.

I own shares in gold and my analyst doesn't see this affecting normal shares or gold bullion, only the commodities players. Not a market I want to be in, so this is a BFD for me.

I look at physical gold metal possession as a liability other than in the most extreme of economic times. You either take a flat-rate hit on a sale (small amounts) or pay for a bonded purity assay (large amounts) in order to sell gold. Why? Because gold is notoriously easy to alloy with copper and/or silver so buyers are wary of counterfeit/alloyed gold being sold as pure.

Gold shares aren't very viable if the economy completely breaks down, but are better than gold until that point as you don't take a purity penalty when you sell.

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
I knew I could count on my Bro S.J...

4th, often up late as I now have a 6 PM to 6 AM job. I could be wrong, but the way I read the regulation is that it affects only paper traders, and targets those who play the commodities markets. Not physical metal purchases.

I own shares in gold and my analyst doesn't see this affecting normal shares or gold bullion, only the commodities players. Not a market I want to be in, so this is a BFD for me.

I look at physical gold metal possession as a liability other than in the most extreme of economic times. You either take a flat-rate hit on a sale (small amounts) or pay for a bonded purity assay (large amounts) in order to sell gold. Why? Because gold is notoriously easy to alloy with copper and/or silver so buyers are wary of counterfeit/alloyed gold being sold as pure.

Damn thing is, is their tampering with peoples investments. Setting the rules too suit their needs.
Something aint quite rite with this bill.
Re-read the 28 day margin too close a trade.
The footnotes even say this is almost impossible too accomplish.
Not going tin foil on you here. But what is next when this passes.
We are going too limit the amount of stocks a person can own?
I thought communist (sic) democratic Russia, was too the east of us??
Their scared S.J. Their scared.
Damn I wish I was at that last Bildeberg get together. :)

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
OK Forex is an currency exchange company, now it makes sense.

After reading it some more, I think Kernel got it figured out pretty much.
And like 4th said, there's more to this then meets the eye.

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Yes..

This whole bill reaks of a Govt. getting scared.
Do people who invest in commodities make money. Why yes. Then again, sometimes they lose money.
Gamblers always tell you when they won, never when they loose.
Do people who invest in oil futures drive the price up and piss us off. Hell yes.
But they can just as easily loose millions.
If anyone thinks their passing this bill too protect the sheep.
Your going too Disney World. :)
F$%K Dodd/Frank.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
i wonder if that private jet full of gold bars and currency that was chartered by a member of the obama staff was being "regulated" when in was impounded in the congo?

typical taxes,rules and red tape for you. but a jut full of gold for ME headed for my private stash in Africa!

i wonder what the taxes are on gold teeth?--LOL!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I believe there is legislation (in the new health bill) that requires ANY gold purchase over $600 to have a 1099 submitted. The 1099 rule applied to lots of things, and I beleive that provision may be dropped.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Just anouther back handed method for the fed to get there hands on more of our money + anouther way to justify anouther new tax. Man they won't give it up will they????? Just stop and figure out how much we really give them in taxs, tax on; earnings, spending, savings, gas, fuel oil, propane, state, local, property, inheratence, investment income, 401's, and I'm sure there's some I've forgotten. That should put our tax rate at about 110% of our income!!!! WTF!!!!!! What more will it take before before there is anouther American Revalution?? The new presious metals, BRASS+LEAD+ COLD STEEL!!!!!!!

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Yes.. As I posted before..

Commie S.O.B.s Taxation without representation.
New truck. 30 grand. $$
Tax- $1,875 my Marine Bro paid.
Wife turns the truck over too me as he entered the Pearly Gates. R.I.P.
Truck- Take over payments. 15 grand. Now as some people do, he folded everything into the loan. So the tax is already paid.
I register truck. Again, the states tax is being paid in the loan.
15 grand times 6.25%. Where is S.J. when I need him? :lol:
Think- $937.
So I am paying tax on tax. Next guy buys it, he does the same.
The girls at the MV dept. started laughing at me when I started crying. Laughing. Haaa haaaa.
I am investing in gold. Got too go. Only have 28 days too get it too my house or the Fuehrer will arrest me.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
years ago i got into that same spot with a black vett i bought. one of my buddies bought it new--yea typical story he had to ship out and needed quick cash and get out of debt so he sold it to me for a very nice price.

anyway our state had a deal where if you were a service man and brought in a car you bought outside of state it was not under the sales tax,

well i get to the DMV and they say that will be $2100 please! i say no way this car is used! they say no way that ended last year . so they give me a ton of paperwork to get filled out i have to contact the guy get a sworn statement --act of congress BS just to get out of the tax.

well i finally get all the shit the state wants and go back to get the title transferred on the vett. and i had file that went all the way back to the factory on it.

and the lady says that will be $1800 for tags and a plate! i like to fell out!

i said WTF is wrong now? the lady says " you didn't get your car tags in the required 15 days so now you have to pay a FINE of 10% the book value of the car which is $1800 + the license plate!"

i told the DMV
"but you sent me on this wild goose chase to come up with all this additional documentation which ate up the 15 days and i had military obligations during those days i had to meet! can't you cut me a break?"

DMV--

"that will BE $1800 for the fine $ 25 for the plate and title transfer and an additional fee of $50 cause we had to verify that you had the required ins coverage for the day that you were late on the title transfer!

have a nice day!"

i was like "thank you very much bill-clinton"--LOL!:loopeye:

Commie S.O.B.s Taxation without representation.
New truck. 30 grand. $$
Tax- $1,875 my Marine Bro paid.
Wife turns the truck over too me as he entered the Pearly Gates. R.I.P.
Truck- Take over payments. 15 grand. Now as some people do, he folded everything into the loan. So the tax is already paid.
I register truck. Again, the states tax is being paid in the loan.
15 grand times 6.25%. Where is S.J. when I need him? :lol:
Think- $937.
So I am paying tax on tax. Next guy buys it, he does the same.
The girls at the MV dept. started laughing at me when I started crying. Laughing. Haaa haaaa.
I am investing in gold. Got too go. Only have 28 days too get it too my house or the Fuehrer will arrest me.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think the whole thing is nothing more than gov. intrusion into civil lives where it truely has no jurisdiction. As the nation crumbles around us, you can bet the sponsors of this mess will be reporting record profits again.
The bilderburgs, no doubt, sat at the modern day round table and sold all nations remaining sovereignty to the dragon. They are planning to take OUR oil from OUR lands and sell us gas for 5 bucks a gallon while they reap all the profits and hide them in off shore accounts. Americans won't benefit much from the oil coming from the Dakotas and Montana, only the elite get to play. The mid east domino effect will roll through the rest of the ******* countries like Syria, Jordan, Oman, and finally Saudi. When it hits Saudi, all bets are off.
Yes 4th, war is imminant.
My projection is that in sept, oct, of this year these stooges will send our boys into libya, full force. Of course it won't be called a 'war'. Maybe they'll call it an extended 'kenetic action' or some other brave new world term, but there will be tanks rolling through tripoli soon. This will be the kick off for what some will call WWIII.

Dinner and drinks are on me, my wife is our designated driver.

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Well said John. Yes the war part. It has too happen, all other options are gone with the present economy. Cant rule out Korea either.
Special Ops hit the nukes, pre- empt. So nobody gets button happy.
Ammo prices. Now it is adding up. Not the people panicking. It is the Govt stocking up.
My Bro in the picture with the beard. Looks like Charles Mansons Dad. :)
101st Eagle Dust Off Nam, worked in the St. Marks powder factory.
When war was imminent, the men in black would come in and lock the gates.
"Sorry folks. All powder now goes too the Govt."
Oil. Guess we kicked it up a notch here in the States. My guess? Military reserve if we are going too hit the Middle East.
Black Blade would know more on that.
Google it. The U.S. Army just raised the entry too Service to age 62 with prior Service. I could still go for a few more weeks here. :)
Yes Sir. The Bildbeber has chosen their next victim.
Question is which country. Where did their dart land on the damn board?
Well, Russia and China better help us on this one. Or were cooked. We are running out of our young too fight.
Dinner. We will arm wrestle for the bill. My right shoulder is frozen solid. So we have too go left arm. :)
Heading up here soon too see Fred. Powder factory is rite down the road from him.
I will get the inside info for you guys, on what is going on with the powder.
They sell too Lake City and all the way too the Chinese Military.
Now this Dodd/Frank bill is starting too add up a bit.
Any youngguns want war. She is a coming. Dont let that recruiter trick yah. It aint all that much fun like he is gonna tell yah. :)

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
The Dodd Frank Bill Does NOT Impact Retail Investors Ability to Own Gold or Silver

Press Release Source: Gainesville Coins Inc On Friday June 24, 2011, 4:02 pm EDT

LUTZ, Fla., June 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Gainesville Coins has been receiving a number of inquiries regarding the impact of the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul bill on the silver and gold market. Specifically, we have been asked whether the legislation has any similarity to the U.S. government's actions in 1933 that removed gold coins from circulation and made it illegal for U.S. citizens to own gold. The Dodd-Frank legislation DOES NOT impact the individual investor's ability to own gold and silver.

(Photo: Login)

The impact of the Dodd Frank legislation on the precious metals market is to restrict the ability of brokerages from providing investors the ability to trade in over the counter (OTC) futures, including gold and silver futures.

There are two venues to trade derivatives, including futures – The over the counter derivatives market, and exchange traded derivatives market. Over the counter derivatives are traded off an exchange. For precious metals investors, the CME is the main exchange for gold and silver derivatives, including futures and option. The legislation only impacts those trades that DO NOT occur on an exchange. Futures and options that trade on an exchange are not affected.

In an OTC futures transaction, the buyer and seller enter into an agreement to buy or sell gold at a predetermined price, quantity, and date. Like exchange traded derivative contracts, margin requirements are set to ensure that both parties will perform on their obligation to either buy or sell. However, unlike exchange traded futures, these transactions are not centrally cleared. This means that a failure to perform by one side of the transaction could result in economic harm to the other side of the transaction. This is known as counterparty risk. Futures traded on an exchange, like the CME, do not subject either party to counterparty risk, and this is the reason for the changes being made through the Dodd-Frank legislation.

During the financial crisis of 2008, OTC derivatives, specifically OTC derivatives tied to BBB tranches of subprime mortgages caused a near total financial meltdown when AIG was unable to perform on its obligation. AIG had written hundreds of billions of dollars in OTC credit default swaps on BBB tranches of subprime mortgage securitization. When these securities went down on the housing market implosion, AIG did not have sufficient cash to pay the buyers of this insurance. This is one of the main reasons for the Dodd-Frank Legislation. Because these derivative contracts were over –the-counter, and not centrally cleared, AIG's failure to perform on its obligation raised the possibility of a cascade of financial failures. The Federal Government was ultimately forced to intervene to stop the financial contagion. Removing the risk of counterparty failure, and thus moving much of OTC derivatives market onto an exchange, is one of the key drivers behind this legislation.

With all that said, hopefully with some clarity, Gainesville Coins would like to re-iterate that there IS NO IMPACT on individual's ability to own gold or silver. The only impact is on the ability of an individual to buy gold and silver in the OTC market. There is no change to gold and silver futures traded on an exchange.

Finally, it should be noted that there are exceptions to this legislation. For example, if you can qualify as a Qualified Eligible Participant (QEP), you are exempt from this legislation. For example, to qualify as a QEP, you would need to show a net worth of $1 million in assets. Also if you can prove that you can satisfy the obligations created by an OTC futures transaction within 28 days, you would also be exempt. It is up to each brokerage house to determine whether an individual investor qualifies under these exemptions. As a final note, the Dodd-Frank legislation only impacts leveraged or margined OTC transactions. These changes go into effect on July 15th, 2011.

Visit us online at Buy Gold and Silver Coins & Bars | Gainesville Coins Inc.

The Dodd Frank Bill Does NOT Impact Retail Investors Ability to Own Gold or Silver - Yahoo! Finance

Black Blade: No change in the ability to acquire and own precious metals.

·
Buffet Destroyer
193 Posts
It seems we're losing more and more of our freedom's with each passing day. FUCK FRANK & DODD! Oh yea, FUCK BARKY, TOO!:geezer:
sorry for the foul language, but this NWO chit really pisses me off

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you have to be very skilled to trade metals. It is not an easy asset to make true price predictions. That’s why I predominantly trade currencies. Besides, I am well aware of the blacklisted forex brokers that can scam people tradersunion.com/brokers-blacklist/forex/. So not matter how big is your investment, check the platform before transferring the money.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts