Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WASHINGTON - President Bush on Tuesday nominated his most trusted foreign policy adviser to become secretary of state, tapping Condoleezza Rice to replace warrior-turned-diplomat Colin Powell as part of a sweeping second-term Cabinet overhaul. :thumbup1:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Lupeloff said:
WASHINGTON - President Bush on Tuesday nominated his most trusted foreign policy adviser to become secretary of state, tapping Condoleezza Rice to replace warrior-turned-diplomat Colin Powell as part of a sweeping second-term Cabinet overhaul. :thumbup1:
She is a first class mind and seems to be a first class person.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Powell was too dovish IMHO. Condaleeza is very smart and big supportet of the Constitution. Not that is will matter too much in the state department, but it helps.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading someplace that Dr. Rice's IQ is off the scale.

Education
-- Bachelor of arts, political science, University of Denver, 1974
-- Master of arts, University of Notre Dame, 1975
-- Ph.D., Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver, 1981

·
Registered
522 Posts
And she will be running against the other clinton. We will have a woman president one way or the other next time.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I think she would make a great first woman president, but would the country?

This will sound weird, but there is something very sexy about her that I cannot put my finger on. Not her looks as she is average, maybe her confidence is what it is and her brains.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I agree Sang she would be my choice for 1st woman President.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I was never a big Powell fan although I admire and respect him for his long military service.

I think he is a RINO. The type that believes in "reasonable" gun control and other "reasonable" intrusions on the BOR.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Custer said:
I was never a big Powell fan although I admire and respect him for his long military service.

I think he is a RINO. The type that believes in "reasonable" gun control and other "reasonable" intrusions on the BOR.
I got that idea as well and it might be very true since he grew up in NYC. I admire his service as well and he seems to be a fairly honorable person.

·
Registered
968 Posts
:thumbup1: I think Condi was the best choice! I was afraid she'd be leaving all together, glad to hear she now has a better position. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would vote for her in a heartbeat, especially over Shrillery. And I am really happy to hear other folks saying the same thing. Every time I have said that to people (Dr. Rice for Pres. in '08) they give me a funny stare. Probably because they were so called Liberals.

And I heard that some liberal cartoonist made a real nasty cartoon that was in the New York Post about Condi? Did anybody see that? GG

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
gordon gauge said:
I would vote for her in a heartbeat, especially over Shrillery. And I am really happy to hear other folks saying the same thing. Every time I have said that to people (Dr. Rice for Pres. in '08) they give me a funny stare. Probably because they were so called Liberals.

And I heard that some liberal cartoonist made a real nasty cartoon that was in the New York Post about Condi? Did anybody see that? GG
Yep, I saw that cartoon. The double standard of racism.

Can you imagine if a conservative did something like that about a minority?

·
Registered
968 Posts
magnus392 said:
So Sandy what do you think of her as a likely canidate in '08?

I'd vote for her but I have a feeling Guiliani is going to be running. If Hitlery runs, Republicans need to put a woman up against her, IMO and that should be Condi. I think it's a little too early to say who is going to run but I'd say she is more than likely in the top 5 of potential candidates. :thumbup1:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
He appointment to Secretary of State is positioning her for the nomination.

Rudy will be second banana which is more than that RINO deserves.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I have a hunch we are but who knows what world events might intervene that could happen between now and 08 that could change the dynamics.

She could be the US version of Maggie Thatcher. Of course, she may not play as well when she is in the public eye 24/7 but what I have seen thus far has been outstanding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts