Gunco Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I would say it ,, but it is good to see baners up on the sight. we have come a long way. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more baners , nice baners, good quality sights. thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------

....hay,,, maby we could get joking up their I allways seem to loose their link when I want to order stuff that I want to wate forever to get after I paid.
OOoopps hahaha,, just a littel joke no hard feelings..

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
hotbarrel said:
more baners , nice baners, good quality sights. thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------

....hay,,, maby we could get joking up their I allways seem to loose their link when I want to order stuff that I want to wate forever to get after I paid.
OOoopps hahaha,, just a littel joke no hard feelings..

How exactly does this banner thing work? Does this site allow anyone to have a banner posted on the site? If this is none of my business, please delete away.

If so, we may inadvertently have crappy and/or lame businesses being advertised on this site. I wouldn't particuraly care for this, because new members always seem to get sucked into shitty companies.

If not, then does the board find itself in a position similar to another well known board where it chooses to allow only certain companies(normally bad, sometimes good) to receive advertising and commentary, whereas other companies(generally good) aren't even allowed to be mentioned. How does gunco deal with the advertising issues?

I had never thought about this question before, until I read this thread. Like I said, I really don't have a strong feeling either way and it isn't up to me what happens in this area. But, the answer may have a defining effect of the overall nature of this board.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good point, personaly I do not care who is up their,, well NO actualy I do care I do not want shit ass rip off companies. however if they do show up that is one thing, if the truth about them is deleated that is another thing. I agree with you about new members getting sucked in. some places they get sucked in because anyone trying to warn a new guy is deleated or worse!! as long as freedom to advertise is followed with freedom to tell the truth . I guess then OK. but I do like that we have reputable places in the banners.. just my opinion throwen out their

·
Registered
508 Posts
Blackjack, DPH Arms, and Ohio Rapid Fire? Definitely some quality control goin' on in regard to reputable dealer's sponsership. There are a few others I'd like to see and one or two I wouldn't.
This site is coming along quite nicely, glad to see the support.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I agree. I llike the advertising we are seeing now. I guess I'm curious is what steps gunco will take in the future in regards to other companies that may want to advertise. What if it is a crappy company? Will they allow them? If not(not that I really want them to allow crappy companies to advertise on gunco), then wouldn't it seem that we're falling them same way that other boards have? Kinda like a catch22.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
We will not run banners from companies we do not believe in.
Rest assured, You will never see a Joeken banner up there.

However I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the ones Cephus mentioned

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
We take great care to make sure a company is decent. Like ORF, I have one of their rufles and they have a good rep and service. It's well documented on a other boards that they are good guys. DPH is a member here and he just launched his site and we are helping him out as he is us. BTW: He is a super friendly guy to talk to on the phone.
Blackjack is another good guy and small vendor trying to make it work.

If someone were to start screwing people around we would address it and possibly have to remove that vendor. Any good vendor would understand the rules of business.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew we would not be let down here. I have allready checked out a few of the sights through the banners.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes now that you mention it I do not rember seeing his posting in some time now. I hope he is OK. It is usualy like 1:00 AM to 4:30 AM that I am most likely to be here, I think a lot of guys must post in at work.
yes I shure remmber beeing excyted about 35 people on at the same time!!! I rember asking basic questions just to get some good basic info on the page.
Another real good memory was the polish kit I built trying to involve EVERYONE. polling what features would go on . then posting all the details of the build. I think I called it OUR POLISH KIT or something like that. ALL GOOD FUN and a nice build too. I would say other that beeing hospitalized I have only missed a day or two , without at least checking in. you are realy one of the good guys . even a phone call when I was injured and needed it.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Great sentiment here guys and it's the main reason we keep this place going the way we do.

We got some killer stuff planned for the next 3 months at least.

BTW: Yes, that is K-var on the banner rotation. :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Great sentiment here guys and it's the main reason we keep this place going the way we do.

We got some killer stuff planned for the next 3 months at least.

BTW: Yes, that is K-var on the banner rotation. :thumbup1:
\

Cool!!! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Any chance for some AR companys joining this site as sponser's? Most of us have AR's anyway! There are some great deals out there right now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts