Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since first reading his posts about a year ago, I figured Roy is one of the finest people you could ever hope to meet. I had the honor of talking with him last night, and it was fantastic.

Thanks Roy and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It was my honor, Brother. Thanks for giving me a project to feel good about.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I just hope that if I ever need a hand,,,,that one of my friends would turn out to be just like you Clay. If that turned out to come true I'd be a lucky man!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
75_stingray said:
I just hope that if I ever need a hand,,,,that one of my friends would turn out to be just like you Clay. If that turned out to come true I'd be a lucky man!
ditto..except the man part-- :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a little of Roy's history. He worked in North Hollywood in the early 70s. Since there are so many vain people there, his business provided custom mirrors - big ones. Cloris Leachman threatened to sue him, because he hit her poodle on the head when it wouldn't quit biting him - he was bleeding. Maybe, it liked the taste? She backed down, but Helen Reddy didn't! He and a crew showed up to install a mirror at her place. She was expecting Billie Jean King that day and told him "servants don't use the front entrance." Roy told her they could not safely install the mirror from her rear entrance. She wouldn't change her mind, so he took his crew to another job, missing out on an opportunity to meet the bisexual tennis great. She sued for her deposit back, got no sympathy from the Judge and lost. He installed a mirror for Lou Gossett, Jr., who barbecued for him and his men while they were at his home. Edward James Almos was a buddy, as was Richard Jakel.

Roy's Mom is 100+ years old and going strong. Quite a family and many interesting tales!

We're all enriched by Lupeloff's company!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I thought back then, all the mirrors in Hollywood were either attached to the ceiling over a bed or were lying on a table covered with cocaine.

Neat story, thanks for sharing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts