Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and she is a beauty . the milling of the receiver is great, the parts looked new.... the barrel assembly is new.........it came with 2 non-disintegrating belts (50 rounds each), drum, drum pouch, sling, canvas rifle cover like the ones for the AKs, tools/ cleaning kit, and a very detailed instruction on the care and feeding of it.

these are the "B" models.....no reciprocating charging handle, like on the "A" models.....after you load the first round in the handle locks into position....just like on the M60 MG. the charging handle also folds out of the way when not in use, like the L1A1s. this even has a hinged dust cover where the empty links will exit and where the rounds feed......the handguard, isn't really a handguard in the normal sense......it's formed so you hand can grab the weapon and carry it, when maneuvering on a batttle field.

loading the belts is unbelievably simple they just pop in, no special linking machine to buy, no aligning individual links, and no loose links to pick up, damage, loose etc..and no sore thumbs.....there is a tab at the base of the links, that you just push the round against, after you pop them in...... so you can't make "long" or "short" rounds.

it just weighs 17 LBS unloaded.......far cry from a 1919, with tripod. you can shoulder this baby and walk to the firing point. and with a attached bipod, no need to buy yet another accessory like a tripod.

took it out and shot it yesterday, and didn't experience one problem......it functions flawlessly, which given the reputation VECTOR has on their products, I wasn't even concerned that it wouldn't function, you can if you wish fire this standing like a rifle, but it's very heavy and awkward with a 100 round drum mag attached to it.........but this is definitely a must have for you guys that collect soviet style weapons, or if you are thinking about adding a belt fed weapon to add to your collection, this has got to be one of them, price is not too out of line for what you are getting, 1995 from VECTOR, when these start hitting the dealers stores, they will more then likely go for more. if you add up the cost of a semi 1919 with all accessories, like the tripod, crankfire, linking machine and links, you are pretty well close to what the RPD is, and there is no need to buy additional accessories for it. you can buy a additional drum and 2-50 round links from VECTOR for a additional 30 bucks. the 2 non-disintegrating belts can be linked together.

if there is one thing I'm not too crazy about is the feed cover.....it only opens up to about 40-45 degrees......but that is the design of it, so I guess I can live with it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
:useless:

PICS PLEASE
MUST SEE

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congratulations, sounds pretty nice. I don't see how you can go wrong with a belt-fed 7.62x39 as inexpensive as ammo is. Wish I could budget a nice belt-fed rifle but it will probably be some time yet. I've been drooling over these for awhile but your RPD is a far better bargain considering base price and ammo: http://www.brpguns.com/mg42semi.htm

Keep us updated please, the Vector RPD price is great and I hope the quality is just as nice. Have a good holiday SFC.:thumbup1: (sounds like you're already off to a good start!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts