Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From GMWILLY yesterday. Sent him some parts and it came together.
With the 16 buttstock from SARCO with pistol grip correct for the era,tear drop forward assist and three prong flash hider I guess I'm done on AR's now.
The early handguards from thirty years of storage I had just snapped right in.
A thank you to GMWILLY.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
hee hee ... thought maybe it was my com & it was blocking them...

pix or it didnt happen!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Pictures, these are cake to slap together played with this while finishing up the STG 57

I just finished a very early one with a non trapdoor stock with original A1 parts from Apex. I used a TM anodized lower unless you are a at aficionado you do not know the difference. the round handguards are very early replacements for triangle handguards. the original upper came out of a national guard unit in the upper Midwest, remember 55gr only in the pencil barrel.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures, these are cake to slap together played with this while finishing up the STG 57

I just finished a very early one with a non trapdoor stock with original A1 parts from Apex. I used a TM anodized lower unless you are a at aficionado you do not know the difference. the round handguards are very early replacements for triangle handguards. the original upper came out of a national guard unit in the upper Midwest, remember 55gr only in the pencil barrel.
Agreed. Shipping the 80%'s to California soon for the engraving. When they get back i'll have a half assed retro. But close enough.
Still need to check the twist rate. Doubt it's 1:14. but i'll be a happy camper. Can't bleed but so much money.;)
The handguards like the stock and PG are early military.
Triangular handguards.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hee hee ... thought maybe it was my com & it was blocking them...

pix or it didnt happen!
Give me a little bit more time please! I'm old.
Konrue66? I tried to include you in the post above. I'm internet ignorant and I truly apologize sir.

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
Sprat; remember 55gr only in the pencil barrel.[/QUOTE said:
Is that all pencil barrels. I was thinking of getting a FAXON pencil.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most new barrels are stamped with the twist rate. The first barrels were 1:14, then 1:12.1:9 etc. Check the stamp on the barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts