Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing this game alot lately and there is one thing about it that is really bothering me. There are gun stores called "ammu-nation" that are in the city.

when you walk in the store the guy behind teh counter says things like "no background check" "the serial number seems to have dissappeared" and after you buy it he says "It's best not to tell the cops where you got this"

this shit really pisses me off it portrays all gun owners and dealers as criminals who don't obey the law. The game is very popular and Alot of young kids are playing this game and it gives them the wrong impression about gun owners :angry:

Anyone else play this game and seen this crap

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Isn't that the game where you earn points for killing cops and stuff like that?
The whole game strikes me as crap

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thats the one game we will not allow our children to play, rent, or buy! More parents should control the content of video games in that category.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mbadboyz said:
Thats the one game we will not allow our children to play, rent, or buy! More parents should control the content of video games in that category.
The game has a "mature" rating which means you have to be 17 to purchase but this is very rarely enforced. When I was christmas shopping I saw many tennagers and also parents buying this game for there kids.

The game is extremely popular and millions of kids will be playing this game after christmas. The game portrays all gun owners( except cops) as criminals which really bothers me

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
If it really bothers you why don't you sent the game back to the distributors and demand a refund? Or do you continue playing it because it entertains you???

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Chromebolt said:
If it really bothers you why don't you sent the game back to the distributors and demand a refund? Or do you continue playing it because it entertains you???
Good point ChromeBolt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chromebolt said:
I actually do enjoy playing the game. Rockstar revolutionized the gaming experience with the GTA series, the freedom to do what you want in a totally interactive virtual city is truly amazing and a work of art.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
FredSandford said:
The game has a "mature" rating which means you have to be 17 to purchase but this is very rarely enforced. When I was christmas shopping I saw many tennagers and also parents buying this game for there kids.

The game is extremely popular and millions of kids will be playing this game after christmas. The game portrays all gun owners( except cops) as criminals which really bothers me
Hard to enforce when the retailers don't care, and the parents/ grandparents have no clue what they are buying.

I had to leave TOY'S R US because the new management didn't like the fact I told the parents the content of the games. Lost a lot of sales after I mentioned some of the stuff in GTA3 and similar games.

One thing was that most of the customers prefered to ask me becasue they knew I would be honest unlike some of the other emplyee's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts