Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened in Massachusetts. Wonder if Kerry has a solution, Ban on kinives?

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/world/10280413.htm?1c

Poor Table Manners Lead to Stabbings

[size=-1]Associated Press[/size]

WORCESTER, Mass. - A Thanksgiving dinner turned violent when a man with a history of mental illness allegedly stabbed two relatives with a carving knife after they criticized his table manners.

Police said the fight broke out Thursday when the relatives reprimanded Frank Palacios for picking at the turkey with his fingers, instead of slicing off pieces with a knife.

Palacios then stabbed 18-year-old cousin Gonzalo Ocasio Jr. in the chest, back and right side, authorities said. His father, Gonzalo Ocasio, 49, suffered a stab wound in his arm. Both men are expected to survive.

Palacios, 24, was arraigned Friday on charges of armed assault with intent to murder, among other assault charges.

A court forensic psychologist who conducted a preliminary evaluation of Palacios told a judge that the suspect reported a history of hospitalizations for schizophrenia. Palacios told the court he was prescribed psychiatric medications after his most recent hospitalization in March, but stopped taking them in June. Palacios also told the psychologist he had been experiencing hallucinations and delusions.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I think that state already bans a lot of different knives that are legal in most other states.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I'm surprised they wanted him to use a knife. I would have given him plastic silverware, especially since he had a history.
And Custer is right there are several states that all kind of knives like double edged knives, butterfly knives ect. In fact the hysteria that led to the 1958 Federal ban on switchblades was like the model for gun control. They flood the media with horror stories and then whip up the sheeple to demand the new controls to make us safer. Fortunatly thet no longer have a lock on the media.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
With gun control comes knife control. Can't carry a pocket knife in Great Britain without fear of prosecution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts