Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They found him guilty finally.

I'm thinking they did the right thing, the guy was making too many excuses and too much subterfuge.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't really been following this case, but I'll say this: If the guy did what he was just convicted of, He needs to be permanently removed from the human race. Period.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is great news!
As a person who Domestic violence has drastically effected my life I am head over heels happy to finally see someone with money get the guilty charge for this type of cowardice.
He better pray that his new cellmate doesnt feel the same why I do towards wife beaters and women killers....

:nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
They need to throw away the key and tell the media to forget about him. He's a nobody who just got famous over killing his unborn child and loving wife. Makes me sick!

·
Registered
968 Posts
AZ99 said:
He better pray that his new cellmate doesnt feel the same why I do towards wife beaters and women killers....

:nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

I'm praying his cellmate DOES feel that way. ;) :thumbup1:

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I think he really thought he was going to get away with it. Whats with these guys that can't just break up and get a divorce? Are they that freakin greedy that they don't want to split the house and cars with the wife??? Well he didn't fool anyone but his poor mom.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I think he did it. I also think his attorney was ineffective. Hell, Geragos wasn't even present when the verdict was read! I have two problems with the mess.

First, the national media wasted a lot of capital by saturating airtime with a sordid California murder. There were many other murders, including spousal homicides, which were equally tragic. I think news channels used waaaaay too much valuable air time with courtroom drama. Remember how busy the media was with Chandra Levy before 911? Maybe, if they had been doing their jobs, the country could have avoided Al Qu'eda's deadly surprise attack? I'm also tired of seeing so-called "news shows," such as "Hardball" wasting air time. Do we really need hours of political hacks pontificating about their parties' views every night? The Petersen case highlights how unfocused our media has become.

Second, though I'm sure Petersen committed the crime, I'm not certain the verdict was justified. Perhaps, the media was the 13th juror? Part of it was also the fault of Mark Geragos, whom I consider a media hound. Remember his famous shoplifting case, where his celebrity client, Winona Ryder, was convicted after a jury trial for shoplifiting? Most attorneys would have worked out that case without a trial, but that would have deprived him of public spotlight!

Still, Petersen was convicted of murder on nothing but collateral evidence! That concerns me. Remember how everyone was convinced that handyman, Richard Ricci, had murdered Elizabeth Smart? The nation was wrongly convinced that Richard Jewell was the Olympic Park bomber! How many people knew Congressman Gary Condit was involved in Chandra Levy's murder? The point is - circumstantial evidence is often misleading. Still, it would have made me sick had Scott Petersen been acquitted. Then again, maybe Lacey's real murderer still is out there, laughing at how the system made a fool of itself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
AClay47

Being caught going to Mexico with dyed hair, goatee and $15K US in you pocket with your bropther's ID probably didn't help his case much. Not the actions of a greiving husband I wouldn't think.

What I can't figure out for the life of me as why this case was so damm news worthy! How many husband/wives get killed every day in Canada/US and nary a word on national news. Helll this was almost as big as the OJ fiasco.

Almost became a blood sport on Larry King!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
WELCOME!

:welcome: Hello Bob!

Welcome to GunCO! Hope to read many more of your posts here!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Actually. peterson did more to convict himself than anybody else did.
First, he's an arrogant ass who was stupid enough to be having an affair with a woman stupid enough to believe his cock-and-bull stories.
Secondly, he was attempting to sell the house and his wife's possessions-before she was found, which would lead one to believe he already knew she wasn't coming back.
Third, when captured he was carrying big dollars, his brothers ID, and had radically changed his appearance, and was near the border with Mexico-not the actions of an innocent man.
All this, added in with the forensic evidence recovered from the boat, plus the testimony of his bimbo girlfriend, is what convicted him.
This guy isn't exactly a brain surgeon.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Clay, I don't have to tell you that most all evidence is circumstantial except for a direct witness of the act in question.

And, we know direct witnesses are pretty unreliable in many, if not most cases.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts