Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/news/stories/20050103/localnews/1820706.html

Gun claim no joke to law enforcement

BAINBRIDGE -- A Ross County Sheriff's Deputy arrested a Bainbridge man Friday evening after the suspect pretended to have a gun as a joke.

Thomas E. Pooler Jr., 26, of 1040 West Third Street, Bainbridge, was charged with disorderly conduct-intoxication and resisting arrest.

According to the report, Deputy Peter Shaw saw Pooler walking along U.S. 50 with a plastic bag full of items. When Shaw stopped to make contact with Pooler, the latter threw his hands in the air and yelled to Shaw, "I'm wanted in 36 states and I have a gun on me," then aggressively put his hands toward his waist. When Shaw drew his service pistol, Pooler laughed and said, "I'm just teasing." He allegedly resisted arrest, but complied with Shaw's orders once Shaw used his Taser on Pooler.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Another argument for selective breeding.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Surprised he was not shot.

Service weapon must have gotten stuck in the holster.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Good thing he wasn't in Tucson, he'd be dead. They don't mess around at all here.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Custer said:
Surprised he was not shot.

Service weapon must have gotten stuck in the holster.
Yup that is one lucky dumbass

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Yep, amazing that he wasn't shot. Had I been the cop, I'd have shot him. Sorry, but generally you don't announce to a cop that you've got a gun and then reach for it and live to tell the tale.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Yep, amazing that he wasn't shot. Had I been the cop, I'd have shot him. Sorry, but generally you don't announce to a cop that you've got a gun and then reach for it and live to tell the tale.
Nope, last year I found out that an old girlfriend of mine committed "Blue" suicide.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
Nope, last year I found out that an old girlfriend of mine committed "Blue" suicide.
That's disgusting. If you're going to commit suicide, show a bit of class, don't drag other people into it, and don't do it because you're having a bad hair day. I rather expect to eventually die by suicide, presuming that it's some chronic debilitating condition that kills me: I'm most likely to die of heart failure, and I saw my dad die of it and it ain't fun - sorta like slowly drowning on dry land.

http://www.foxfirebooks.com/si/000162.html

PS In my mental health days I used to do a lot of work with the local cops, and, yep, people really do try to antagonize the police into shooting them.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
From what I've read and heard about the incident, they cops were responding to a call made by her mother that she had threaten comminting suicide, so I know she was already planning it. They found her a couple blocks away from her home and all she had to do was pretend to have a gun. I was pretty pissed off when I found out. Esp since it was a few years after the fact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts