Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all may know, I am working in a gun shop here in Moundsville, WV.. I've been working here since June. I had to quit driving truck because of the stress..

Well at the begining of our busy seson, the September floods hit.. We had 7 feet of water in the store. this was very bad.. But we cleaned up, and in the wake of the flood, and a Cabelas opening, we managed to make more money this year, than last..

Well guess what???

That's right, tommorow morning, we start packing up the store for water once again.. Looks like it will only be around 2 feet this time, but with the last flood only 3 and a half months away.. I don't belive the owners are going to re-open the store.. Hopefully we will manage to relocate, but I belive our little riverside shop is done..

Now it appears I am going to have to hit the truck again, and die a young man..

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hey Mike, I could store those guns and ammo for you.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news, or sort of out of the ashes.. We are going to reloate, and build a new bigger building.. going to try to go from a small store, to a medium/ Gander mountain sized store.. Whoopee

Hopefully we can work it out..

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
as soon as you guys get the new store up and running..let me know..i like browsing through gun stores..and your not too far away..

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Yeah Mike, let us know. Is it going to be all guns? Or will there be other things like camping accesories, reloading supplies and that type of stuff?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Preacher said:
Yeah Mike, let us know. Is it going to be all guns? Or will there be other things like camping accesories, reloading supplies and that type of stuff?
We are allready a full service store.. Anything from boats to bullets, scopes to sinkers.. WE have a little of everything, and not alot of most.. We are needing a bigger store so we can expand.. Hopefully something works out????? My boss promised me I will not be out of a job, so things sound good...

Fema did squat to help us the last time, maybe things will change.

Thanks for all your concern, and I'll keep you all posted...

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
How bad did you get hit? I know the rain let up here and it wasn't too bad. Of course you guys don't get it right away.

BTW: What's the name of the store?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts