Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've started on my guncart. DorGunR suggested I post pictures of it as the work progressed. So here is number one.

Here is the first part, the base. I'm making mine out of hickory. I'm also doing something a little different than the ones I looked at. The ones I saw had butt joints on the corners. And, that isn't a strong joint, so I made dovetail joints and glued them together.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Nice work.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
If your wife ever tosses you out I have a spare room for you. I'll toss in free meals for a little carpentry work.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Are you sure you are not Norm Abrams?

That's quality work Pogo, but then, so is that kayak you made and the Krink. You are one kind of craftman.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Very good work, ya got a talent with wood.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nice dovetails.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I did a little more today.

I decided how to make the gun rack. So the first picture below is the gun holders. It will hold four standard barrel rifles or shotguns and one double barrel side by side shotgun, plus an umbrella for hot or rainy days. I made the rack out of hard maple because it's a much more dense wood and less likely to split where I've cut out for the guns to rest.

I test fitted the upper unit in the base and put the wheels on to see how it's going to look.

I'm tired, and done for the day.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Wow, coming right along, great looking wood also.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Have you thought about making some of these to sell?

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chromebolt said:
Pogo,

Are you into Cowboy Action shooting?
Yep, I've been thinking about it for a long time. But, I really got into it about a month or so ago. I've got more guns than most people could imagine, but I didn't have one gun that qualified for Cowboy Action shooting. I've so far got two Ruger Vaquero revolvers in .45 Long Colt, and a Norenco reproduction Winchester 1897 shotgun. I haven't decided on the rifle yet, but it will be either a reproduction of the 1866 Winchester (Henry) or a reproduction 1873 Winchester.

mbadboyz said:
Have you thought about making some of these to sell?
No, I hadn't really thought much about it, although I might. I already make and sell cabinet parts (mostly to other cabinet makers) over the internet, and I might consider thinking about making and selling carts if it seems worthwhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts