Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gunco Family Reunion. New Pics of the Place Added

Cephus started this on another post and it sounds like fun to me. But we need to know who is serious about this so we can find a proper place to fit the size of crowd we are going to have. Nothing is carverd in stone yet, but tenative plans are sometime May or June 2005. Like I said, nothing carved in stone yet. So let us know who is interested so we can get this ball a rolling. I'd like to meet as many of you as possible.

Here is the update! 1/17/2005

Here are the details of the shoot now that we have the range reserved and we have a lot of people committing to coming now and we hope to have some door prizes as well.

Weekend of April 30th may 1st.

You can show up on Friday the 29th as we plan to be there that Friday afternoon. Camping is right on site for those that want to stay there. I plan on camping there myself. If you live close by or you are coming by car please bring some folding chairs or firewood with you. Bring food for yourself and some extra for everyone to join in. You know, snack stuff and what not.
The guys down there are supposed to have a couple of deer to roast.

We'll have to plan a little simple range match with a win the pot thing.

Here is the location and map info.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...tate=WV&zipcode=

A few people have been asking about location. If you look at Rt 250 between Hundred and Littleton, The Field of Dreams is located directly across from the Browns Run turn off.

Please bring hearing protection and eye protection as well. If we have a lot of people we'll need some range officer volunteers too. We are priviledged here with the use of this range from the local fire department.

Speaking of the local FD we will be asking for donations to pay the range fee which is around $100 and we would like to raise more over that as a donation to them for their generosity.

Here are some pics of the property and I do believe there is a 200 yard range there as well.

Preacher and Cephus have been the driving force behind this and Gunco thanks them whole heartedly for the work they have done!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Last year I met Cephus, Jack, Winn R and his son Luke at the NRA convention in Pittsburgh.

Not only was it a real treat to meet these guys, We had the time of our lives at the convention.
They had 4 acres of gun stuff on display. Every manufacturer in the shooting sports industry has a booth filled with there latest products.

It's kinda like a SHOT show, handle all the new models.
Talk about kids in a candy store. But I digress.

Every year they move it to a new location.
In 2005 it's in Houston (April 15,16,17)and in 2006 it's in Milwaukee.

Just a thought.

PS I also met a friend of Cephus' but his name escapes me, sorry

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The ARFCOM get together/shoot is in June, so maybee we can shoot for another month.. But I am serious about going..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can we all meet in Southern California? :hyper: I promise the weather will be good. :) GG

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I'm serious about this, but around the week of May 18th is bad for me. That will be my Son's 1st birthday and my wife's is the 17th. We got engaged on the 19th.

My daughter was born on the anniversary of our first date.

Weird stuff and I'm rambling.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd love to guys but seeing as I own my own business (or more correctly, it owns me) it would have to be something out here on the left coast. I am in So. Kal

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hay buddy I will come If it is not too far away.. sorry NO AIR PLANE for me

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
oh fer cryin out loud! If you decide you want it to be near Niagara Falls, let me know!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Rule .308 said:
I'd love to guys but seeing as I own my own business (or more correctly, it owns me) it would have to be something out here on the left coast. I am in So. Kal
Feel your pain Brother, I run a little appraisal shop in San Diego and am free to work 24/7. Last real vacation was in 1993. :bawling: GG

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What would everyone like to see at this get together? Sang has already said shooting is a must. Food? Refreshments? Family? Well, family is a given because the wife wants to come. She peeks over my shoulder to read what you folks say and would like to meet you. Come on folks, we're gonna have this even if it's just me and Cephus. Let's hear some ideas! We'll try and pick someplace not on the Top 20 list.

·
Registered
770 Posts
gordon gauge said:
Can we all meet in Southern California? :hyper: I promise the weather will be good. :) GG
Ummm, what about the signs at the boarder that say "NO guns allowed!".

Keep me posted, I'm interested.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm close to making a deal for a place to have our reunion. But I need to know how many people are serious about this. So far we've only heard from a handful of people.

Any thoughts folks?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Preacher said:
I'm close to making a deal for a place to have our reunion. But I need to know how many people are serious about this. So far we've only heard from a handful of people.

Any thoughts folks?
Preacher.......Is this gonna be in WV???

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DorGunR said:
Preacher.......Is this gonna be in WV???
I think that's what we're trying for. But nothing is carved in stone. This was Cephus's idea, so I think we were going to try to have it close to him at least for the first one.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Preacher said:
I think that's what we're trying for. But nothing is carved in stone. This was Cephus's idea, so I think we were going to try to have it close to him at least for the first one.
About how far from Harpers Ferry????

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Well, here in Florida, we have the Hernando sportsman club. Great range, during organized shoots they even bring wrecked cars to shoot at

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We're about a 1/2 hour from Fairmont if that helps. And yeah Sang, one of the places I'm checking on already has numbered targets set up. They also have a stage just in case some of our muscisians wanna show off.

The other place I'm lokking at will let us shoot, but we'll have to bring our own targets.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts