Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you may have noticed a couple of small changes taking place over the past few weeks. We're currently in the process of upgrading, renovating and revamping the entire site. This process will take place a little at a time over the next few months.

There will be times when the site closes, however we're trying to minimize the down time to a few seconds/minutes at a time. We appreciate your patience during this entire process and thank you all for your support for Gunco.net. Your support has enabled us to regularly add new features and benefits to the site for you our members.

Should anyone have any questions at all at any time, please feel free to post them in the appropriate forum(s) or ask any of our staff members. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Change Is

·
Gunco.net Webmaster
52 Posts
Lois,

If you check the "remember" option you shouldn't have to log in every time. The prior version of the forums had that option checked by default, this one doesn't.

·
Registered
582 Posts
scubadvr said:
Come on Lois are you blond? :)
Jack,
Why don't you go to Knob Creek next weekend and find out? Come to think of it, why don't we all go?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Test post of sig?sorry

·
Registered
994 Posts
I like what you have done so far! Especially with the AK side!

·
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
383 Posts
We all appreciate the work the Admin is doing to maintain the site. It's a thankless job for a lot of hard work, but it is possible to do a database backup before a change is made to the site. I think most of us would be willing to put up with the site being down a little while for a backup than lose part of the database.

Keep up the good work. This is not criticism, just a question.

SS

·
Hooligan
2,423 Posts
I know that losing good threads and posts is frustrating,but to keep the overall form and function of this site up and running. I'd sacrifice 3 weeks worth of posts!
Thanks for working so hard to get us back up!
BTW, no more of those spooky "database error" messages since the site was updated
WOOHOO!

·
aka: SDK1968
7,753 Posts
asked GUNCO about the back up situation here awhile back and he told me that this site does an auto back up every "x" amount of hours..

so unless he's changed that, it should always be pretty current.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,753 Posts
i lost a few posts but im not sure how many...... or which ones... must not have been too important?? lol

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
i lost a few posts but im not sure how many...... or which ones... must not have been too important?? lol
Welcome to the forum. :welcome::biggrin::lol:

·
Nanook of the North
1,010 Posts
Change is good, especially in underwear.

·
THE 9mm ADDICT
4,175 Posts
I got those e-mails too. Saying I have not been here in a while and could you encourage me to return?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I keep getting them even though I signed back in a MONTH ago. Just do not have that much to say. As Grandpa always said better to say nothing and have folks think you are a fool than open your mouth and PROVE it. LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts