Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trespasser/killer Chai
Vang used an SKS

5 hunters were killed by a Vietnamese immigrant using an SKS. Talking heads, including Neil Boortz, are calling it an "assault rifle" and making sure listeners know it fires the same round as an AK-47.

It is incidents such as this which instigate new gun control laws.

See, Deer-hunting dispute leaves five dead.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
AClay47 said:
Trespasser/killer Chai
Vang used an SKS

5 hunters were killed by a Vietnamese immigrant using an SKS. Talking heads, including Neil Boortz, are calling it an "assault rifle" and making sure listeners know it fires the same round as an AK-47.

It is incidents such as this which instigate new gun control laws.

See, Deer-hunting dispute leaves five dead.
The reaction I am getting from non gun people is that it is a bunch of crazy hunters. Thank god is was not a school shooting or something like that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Bad news and poor interpretations spread like wildfire. Granted it's a tragic event, I've already hit a couple of sites that lean towards the Left and rather than post feelings of sorrow some are already pointing their fingers at guns and gunowners. One of the more ridiculous posts I read: "I hope this doesn't become an epidemic."

May the murder victims rest in peace.:frown:

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Personally, I think we should all blame the Tree Stand for the shooting, since it was what it was all about in the first place.
;)

I say we hang it high!....er maybe higher than it already is...

:)

BAN Tree Stands! They are pure killers!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I can't understand people who want to cure the symptom and not the problem. If people like this recieved stronger punishment, then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to do stupid stuff like this.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
This is what burns my butt. This nut had been in trouble before and yet you will not hear no the news that he was a confirmed troublemaker. The only thing we're going to hear from the news is that all gun owners are nuts and that we need stricter laws. Why can't people see the problem where it actually lies. We do not need stricter gun laws, just stricter punishment when a nut pulls something like this.

The story was long so I just pasted this part

http://www.elkodaily.com/articles/2004/11/22/ap/headlines/d86h9k880.txt

Minneapolis police said they arrested Vang on Christmas Eve 2001 after he waved a gun and threatened to kill his wife. No charge was brought because she didn't cooperate with authorities, spokesman Ron Reier said. St. Paul police say they were called to Vang's house twice in the past year on domestic violence calls, but both were resolved without incident and no police reports were filed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts