Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Do you own a Russian weapon Mr. Leadhead?

I just ordered an 1895 Nagant revolver the other day. I'm hoping it comes sometime this week. Now I have to get one of those extra cylinders so I can run .32 ACP through it.

Momma wasn't happy that I bought another gun :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
762x54
I bought my first nagant and it is WAY TOO NICE to fire , I just could not do it. So I bought a second one and it was nice too but not quite as beautifull as the first one. I know you will not be let down.
Well anyway,, you DO NOT have to buy a conversion cylinder if you do not want. 32 SW long 32 smith & wesson long works fine and is not too costly. also someone is starting to make 7.62nagant ammo again and it should come down even more in price too.
the 32sw long is not very powerfull but none of them are. the only issue I have is once and a while the brass may crack a tiny bit but that is seldom, and not realy a problem for me. again it is not a powerfull round. I am not trying to talk you out of the conversion if you realy want it but just let you know you do not have to spend that cash on on a conversion.
I realy love the fact that the cylinder moves forward to seal in the gas when it fires. a great idea that is 100 years old , I do not see it happening on any revolvers today. I know you will like your nagant

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Thanks Hotbarrel!

My Dad had one years ago and he was telling me something very similar lastnight about 32 long ammo or something. He had to modify the mechanism for the rounds though. I will have to try the 32 SW.

BTW: I was about 9 or 10 and I watched my Dad take a 2 lb hammer to his 1895 Nagant he bought from someone who had brought it back from Nam.
He regrets that now, but at the time it was broke and he just decided to trash it since he bought it for $20 in 1970?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I did not modify anything for the 32sw long. just load it up and start the fun. I think you will find them in such nise condition you would not want to modify anything about it. keep it original. spent the $50 on ammo not a conversion kit. :rockin: let me know when you get it and how it looks. did you order it from S.O.G. ?
Agulera makes 32sw long that is not too expensive. I have 4 differant brands of it and their are more most is 98g but their is another size head I think 100g I do not rember now. it is all no jacket lead that I found.
again I realy like it

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I got my 1895 Nagant pistol from the BBT yesterday! It is totally sweet! It's a 1945 and in really nice shape along with holster and tools.

I didn't have time to take a pic last night because I had a family birthday party to attend.

There will be pics in here and in C&R tonight! What a deal this was for $81 taxes and shipped from Century.

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Old ass thread .............anyway.

Mr. S-Runhunter I now have Two Rusky guns, a M91/30 and a 5.56/.223 Saiga that I did the conversion on. :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts