Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, the Brits are outlawing smoking! I'm not a smoker, but that's by choice not government fiat. I like having rights.

In Britain, you no longer have a right to jury trial in civil cases. You have no right to defend yourself with a firearm, pepper spray, or even a pocket knife. You have a right to health care, as determined by the government, which uses your own tax money to provide it.

What's next?

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Don't forget that the US left looks to Europe as a model for the US.

They have completely lost sight why our forbears left Europe.

All we have to do is look north to see what can happen in the New World when you accept Old World ideas.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Stay alert, what has happend in Britain, is happening here..

I'm sick of big brother telling me what I can and cannot do.. When will it end, and how violent will the ending be?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ah, but ya gotta love the history of it all. We kicked their filthy tea into the harbor, next thing you know we're exporting tobacco to them...And they loved it.

I myself am disgusted with this "big brother" b.s. We founded this country on the likes of slave labor, cotton, and tobacco - Slave labor is long gone and rightfully so but is cotton next? Oddly enough a smoking ban passed by vote in our state capitol, I really didn't think it would fly considering the true demographic of Columbus (surrounding suburbs excluded). It all started with a good-for-nothing city council and a "feel good law".

Guess what? The Columbus city council has a new assault weapons ban on the table...How can it possibly fail when they created the smoking ban for "the health and welfare of the community". Bars and restaurants rallied their clientel to take the issue to the ballot box, I doubt there's a snowball's chance in hell anything will be said about the AWB once it's imposed.

I don't live there but it's a little close for comfort.:grumble: Liberals, ya can't live with 'em and ya can't---Ah screw it, ya just can't live with 'em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts