Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hey Cephus, aren't you glad you came to my neck of the woods 20 some yaers ago?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I'm a bit surprised by this. The best heroin comes from Afghanistan, and while Afghan heroin production has skyrocketed since the overthrow of the Taliban, Afghan heroin generally goes to Europe, not the USA. Point being, I wonder why New Jersey is getting such good heroin - the only new source that I know of is Afghanistan.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you gotta admit, Cephus, that as annoying as those laws are they have resulted in the complete elimination of firearms violence in New Jersey.

Wondering: When the citizenry trade in liberty for security and get neither, do they get a refund?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Well, you gotta admit, Cephus, that as annoying as those laws are they have resulted in the complete elimination of firearms violence in New Jersey.

Wondering: When the citizenry trade in liberty for security and get neither, do they get a refund?
:rofl: That was funny!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cephus said:
Well they get what they deserve as far as I'm concerned. I work as a cop there in the early 70s and by the late 70s as an ER nurse....
When I was a counselor-type did lotsa ER consulting on psychiatric emergencies and forensic work (e.g. counseling for mentally-ill folks tangled up in the criminal justice system, and for child molestors and wife-beaters in counseling as a condition of probation/parole). I liked the ER work, but I really flamed out on the forensic work, got to where I was taking a dim view of humanity, got a taste of why cops develop a bad attitude. I was doing the forensic work largely because there was nobody else around who had a stomach for it, and it got to where I couldn't stand it anymore, either. I think the hardest would be Childrens' Protective Services work; I didn't get involved until after the mess had been cleaned up and the case adjudicated - if I were a CPS worker I probably would have left a trail of corpses in my wake.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
..... I think the hardest would be Childrens' Protective Services work;...... if I were a CPS worker I probably would have left a trail of corpses in my wake.
I have a close friend that does this. She is a sweetheart of a person and does this purely out of love for kids. But I'm like you. She told me of a case where a father molested/raped a 2 year old girl. I believe I'd have to hurt someone over that.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cephus, the difference between your ER work and mine was that I didn't get called in on child abuse cases at the ER - I was only called in when there was a question of whether someone required psychiatric hospitalization.

And, Preacher, while I used to work with guys like that, I didn't deal with them until after things had been straightened out some. And even then it ultimately left me feeling burned out and disheartened. And not just for the tragedy of the girl - I came to be privy to the tragedy of the perpetrator as well. I don't think I could do the sort of work your friend does...

...which kind of relates to "What would you do if it were your child?" inquiries with regard to my opposition to the death penalty. If it were my child, I'd kill the SOB very very slowly through painful medical experiments. Thankfully, we have a criminal justice system to prevent justice from being dealt out through personal retribution like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts