(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is
subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no
alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wishee to
actually implement any of the wishes for himself or others, and is void where
prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This
wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good
tiding for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday
greeting, whichever come first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this
wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

Best wishes for a Happy Holiday

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Thank you, I accept you salutation and wishes for me and my family unit as well as friends to have a neutrally happy, safe and prosperous holiday. :D

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Merry Christmas Lupe!!! I'll take my chances. Good one Buddy!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that PC or what?????

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange Destiny said:
UMMM! Can I still dance around my oak tree at the solstice?
Yep, I believe you are covered.:)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Oh good. Now I have to get the goat ready to roast. This is going to be a great solstice. Gotta' find the mistletoe and holly still.
I have lots of oak trees on my place, got holly but I'm short on goats and mistletoe.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Lupeloff said:
I have lots of oak trees on my place, got holly but I'm short on goats and mistletoe.
Hey Lupe, I cna pick up the cabrito and mistletoe grows locally. Hell, I'll just drive over, maybe you and Stormy can join in the festivities. Its just the next state over.
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Hey Lupe, I cna pick up the cabrito and mistletoe grows locally. Hell, I'll just drive over, maybe you and Stormy can join in the festivities. Its just the next state over.
:lol::lol::lol:
You are always welcome, however Stormy is fixing to go spend a few weeks with her family in Colorado. Buddy and me are going to have to fend for ourselves.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Lupeloff said:
You are always welcome, however Stormy is fixing to go spend a few weeks with her family in Colorado. Buddy and me are going to have to fend for ourselves.
Lupe, you're great. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I'm going to start being hard nosed about this PC crap.

I just received a card from my insurance agent saying "Happy Holiday Season". I put a note inside the card stating "Please don't offend me with your trivializing of a holiday that I've enjoyed all of my life which is "Christmas". If you don't want to send out Christmas cards thats fine with me, but don't send me any more politically correct cards - I find that insulting". I then slipped the card back in the envelope and taped it shut, and re-addressed the card to my insurance agent and put a stamp on it. I'm a getting ready right now to put it in my mailbox.

I might be an old grump, but I'm getting sick and tired of all of this PC crap.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Pogo said:

I just received a card from my insurance agent saying "Happy Holiday Season". I put a note inside the card stating "Please don't offend me with your trivializing of a holiday that I've enjoyed all of my life which is "Christmas". If you don't want to send out Christmas cards thats fine with me, but don't send me any more politically correct cards - I find that insulting". I then slipped the card back in the envelope and taped it shut, and re-addressed the card to my insurance agent and put a stamp on it. I'm a getting ready right now to put it in my mailbox.

Pogo......thats a great idea............I'm gonna start doing that also.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Pogo said:

I am getting the same way and I am not religious.

It is way out of hand but I think it is going to swing back now. People are fed up with this foolishness.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer,

I think it is condescending and patronizing to send someone a generic card concerning a event that the receiver may consider special. I have a brother in law that is Jewish. When my wife and I send him a card, we send one that says Happy Hanukkah.

And, I do find it insulting that a minority of the people in the US can change traditions of everyone because they say they are offended. Well, I'm going to start letting everyone know when they offend me.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I tend to root for the underdog. Amazingly, the majority of the people in this country are the underdog these days.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just send in the freakin warranty.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
That's why I enjoy the Italian language....there is no other way to say it but Buona Natale.

Buona Natale, Tutti. (Merry Christmas to all)

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
This is how idiotic it is. A few years ago people grumbled. Now they are fighting back at this stupidity.

Texas School District
Bans Christmas Colors
( MCNS) -- Attorneys filed a federal civil rights lawsuit today against the Plano Independent School District for a discriminatory policy that censors the Christmas religious expression of students and their parents.

?The policy is a perfect example of politically correct extremism,? said Alliance Defense Fund Senior Counsel Gary McCaleb.

?School officials have gone so far as to prohibit students from wearing red and green at their ?winter break? parties because they claim they are Christmas colors. Even the plates and napkins must be white. The district?s policy is ludicrous to even the most common observer.?

In addition to banning Christmas colors, school officials have reportedly prohibited students from exchanging candy canes and pencils with religious messages on them, using reindeer symbols, or writing ?Merry Christmas? on greeting cards to U.S. soldiers because the phrase might ?offend someone.? The district has even applied its policy to parents involved in school activities, barring them from exchanging ?religious? Christmas items with other parents.

?The district?s policy is what is offensive. It is offensive to the 96 percent of Americans who celebrate Christmas,? McCaleb said. ?If the district truly wants to avoid offending someone, then they will change their incredibly restrictive and unconstitutional policy.?

The lawsuit, Jonathan Morgan, et al., v. the Plano Independent School District, et al., was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Sherman Division.

?The U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled that public schools must prohibit the distribution of candy canes or Christmas cards. They have never ruled that you can?t say ?Merry Christmas? in the public schools,? McCaleb explained. ?These attempts to stifle all religious expression and sanitize Christmas of all religious content are tiring to the overwhelming majority of Texans and all Americans.?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts