Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wash Post this morning Nov 9, 2004 page 2

"'Fired Up' Kerry Returning to Senate. Aides say he wants to act as counter to Bush, and possibly Run in 2008"

"Aides say Kerry is relishing the prospect of renewed combat with President Bush, fighting such measures as the president's proposal to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling."

"Kerry fueled talk about a 2008 bid during remarks of a Washington restaurant Saturday night. He provoked a thunderous reaction by reminding about 400 campaign aides and volunteers that ronald Reagan twice sought the Republican nomination for president before winning it in 1980"

"I'm a fighter and I've come back before"

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
and possibly Run in 2008"
I wonder how Hillary feels about this? :whack:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hope Hillary and Kerry BOTH run.

(And I hope that the reason they're running is that there are at least a THOUSAND people chasing them with sticks!)

:woot: :whack:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The GOP dosen't have a ton of choices either. Some are saying Condi against Hillary.

Jeb Bush says no and I think that is a good thing personally. GW has been a polarizing figure no matter the side your on.
I've heard the Gov of Mass, Mit Romney is a possible on the GOP side. I guess he some star quality since he is GOP elected to a liberal state.

I'd like to see General Franks elected, but I have a feeling that would not happen.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
DEMOCRAT UNDERGROUND SAYS
YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN!
VOTE JOHN SCAREY KERRY 2008!

Attachments

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
7.62x39 said:
Who do you think We'll see from the GOP side? Who would You like to see?
I think we have some good choices on the Republican side. Although Senators don't win that often, Bill Frist would be a good choice. There are several choices from the Goveners list, Bill Owens of Colorado being one. Then people will throw Condi Rice, Collin Powell and Rudi Gulliani's name in for popular draw but I believe both Powell and Gulliani are too moderate.
I don't believe Kerry has a chance to get the nomination again. I'm one of those that believe the Clintons didn't want Kerry to win this time and did their best to insure that outcome. So unless she declines I believe Hillary will get the nomination, as the base would support her overwhelmingly. She has gone out of her way to cast moderate votes so that she can counter the liberal label, but I don't think it will work, as her speaches usually end up showing her as she is, far left, shrill and mean spirited.
The problem the democrats face is the people their base support will never get the majority of the country to get behind them and conversly the folks in thir party that would have real chance in a general election, like Leiberman or Evan Bahy can't seem to get get traction in their primaries.
I do believe that if they run another North Eastern liberal then they will lose again. Their only hope is a candidate from the South, moderates having the best chance. L.B.J.,Carter & Clinton seem to bare this out.
But we are 4 years out so anything is possible. In fact Fox news is reporting V.President Cheney is going in the hospital complaining of shortness of breath. Now if he had to resign due to health we might get a V.President that could be positioned for a run at the presidency. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Oh yeah, my favorite candidate will never happen but I think the world of NEWT!!! Professor Gingrich would be my ideal candidate but the rest of America doesn't agree with me LOL.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Grendeljaeger said:
The problem the democrats face is the people their base support will never get the majority of the country to get behind them and conversly the folks in thir party that would have real chance in a general election, like Leiberman or Evan Bahy can't seem to get get traction in their primaries.
That's a very good viewpoint! However, I don't think the DNC recognizes its base, as Zell Miller said repeatedly. There are many Democrats in NC, maybe a Majority, but the DNC runs people who don't recognize their values, so they elect a Republican President, Republican Senators, but a Democrat State government. NC Democrats support Second Amendment rights, for example, and many have well-earned A ratings from the NRA.

I'm not sure the modern Democrat Party has ever had a base, though. FDR cobbeled together a party of various factions, many at odds with one another. Still, it seems that its base is narrowing more and more.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I think they lost sight of their base after LBJ and traditional Dems are just waking up to the fact that the party was hijacked by the most extreme elitist elements. Clinton was a fluke. A man that wanted to be important and did not really care to do much with it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know he'd never run much less win, but I find myself agreeing more and more with Ted Nugent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts