Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my my no-go 7.62 x 54R headspace gauge from Midway. The bolt will not close on the no-go, but I will have to use a cartridge for a go gauge. No if I can only remeber to clean the cosmoline from the barrel before I shoot it :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
how much did you pay for your guage? I know is is not the best but I used my "feeler diskes" to head space my romak111 and I got 5 thousandths with a wolf case, not bad. fun to fire the romak too :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hotbarrel said:
how much did you pay for your guage? I know is is not the best but I used my "feeler diskes" to head space my romak111 and I got 5 thousandths with a wolf case, not bad. fun to fire the romak too :)
It is a PTG headspace gauge @ $25.99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Triangle 66

Thanks for the instructions on making the fixed Romanian folders fold once again with handtools. I've passed on that info more than a few times.
Works great and will cme in handy soon.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Triangle 66 said:
Keep in mind too,that if there is any cosmoline in the chamber, that will give you a false reading.
I cleaned the chamber and bolt areas before headspacing. The PTG headspace gauge does not fit tightly in the chamber. It is more like a disc that just fits on the bolt face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts