Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done building a match Number AMD-63 and 65 , I know a lot ppls said as long you had match part kits, don't need to check headspace, that's said I like my face ( sometime I don't ), I Had manson Go and NO-GO gauge, did not come with "How to use book " so anyone know how to please help

·
Registered
625 Posts
Try this!

Ok, first your chamber and bolt must be clean and dry, no oil and no grease. Remove the top cover and recoil spring, you?ll have to remove the extractor from the bolt (check the forum) so only the bolt face touches the gauge and not the spring loaded extractor. Now carefully put the go-gauge into the chamber, using light thumb pressure on the carrier; push the bolt home, keeping an eye on the tail end of the bolt at the rear end of the carrier. As it moves forward it will extend out and rotate into the lock position, it should only take a light push to lock it up. Now remove the Go-gauge and put the No-Go gauge in, again push the carrier forward and see if it will lockup with only a light pressure, if it does your screwed, to much headspace, if it won?t lockup your fine. Push a little harder but don?t push too hard or you?ll mess up the gauge. Still won?t close? your great.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
it would be foolish to fire your weapon without headspace first.
I want to use a stronger word but do not want to offend anyone that told you it is ok so I will stick with foolish :chinese:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi. I am new here. I learned the hard way, that you should check the headspace on any gun you buy. I bought a MAK 90 with all matching #'s. I went to shoot. On the forth shot, it blew up. It shot out of battery. The headspace was way off. I am now a proud owner of the Manson Gauges.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Welcome to the board. Thanks for the information on head space. A little investment in guages can save a lot of money and more important a life or limb. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
43 Posts
scubadvr said:
Welcome to the board. Thanks for the information on head space. A little investment in guages can save a lot of money and more important a life or limb. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Thanks for the Welcome. I really want to see this board grow. I came over from the other AK board.I was valleyz over there. I hope to stay here for awhile.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I think you will see a lot of familiar names here. I hope you will want to add as much as you can and stay as long as you desire. Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts