Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over at my Dad's house this weekend cleaning one of my guns with Break-Free like I have since the mid-1990's. After a while he began to complain that the fumes were making him sick at his stomach. I had to open some windows to get the fumes out.

I've used Break-Free for years because the stuff is great, but I don't want to endanger my health or that of others.

Are there any healthy gun cleaners/lubricants/preservatives? :dunno:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I just make sure I do the work in my garage, toward the open doors and get plenty of ventilation.

I wish I could come up with a good way to protect my hands and still handle the small parts and such. My hands really take a beating and get spits and cracks that really hurt considering they are so darn small.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Custer said:
I just make sure I do the work in my garage, toward the open doors and get plenty of ventilation.

I wish I could come up with a good way to protect my hands and still handle the small parts and such. My hands really take a beating and get spits and cracks that really hurt considering they are so darn small.
THIS problem I solved a long time ago. Not wanting to put my sweaty hands on iron gun parts that could rust, I started using rubber surgical gloves available at any drugstore. Make SURE you get the POWDER-FREE type or you'll have talcum powder all over your weapon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.